Texas Hunting Forum

bow hunting

Posted By: twelvetines

bow hunting - 06/28/15 09:38 PM

Are there any good day leases left in Texas for bow hunting?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: bow hunting - 06/28/15 09:42 PM

There was one in particular I remember from last year that was listed on THF in the Outfitters and Guides section. IIRC it was around Menard area or central Texas somewhere. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: bow hunting - 06/29/15 03:05 AM

There's supposed to be a pretty good place in Brady called Heart of Texas Bowhunting. I have no experience with the place, but I have heard some good things about it. They have a website with a lot of info on it, so I'd check that out.
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: bow hunting - 06/29/15 03:27 AM

Are you asking about finding a place to lease, or asking about a day lease?

Re: bow hunting - 06/29/15 10:12 AM

We are looking for a 2-3 day hunt, unless we could lease a place for the same money. We have a group of 8-10 looking in the hill country area. We have a gun lease but they do not allow bow hunting. Just want to shoot our bows at something besides targets.we got bad reviews on almost every day lease we have checks into.

Re: bow hunting - 06/29/15 10:30 AM

Cheap 2-3 day lease hunt will usually end up with results being what you paid for it. Quality hunts cost more since they are limiting or managing their hunts to keep quality up.

Re: bow hunting - 06/29/15 12:09 PM

Yeah. We would even do cull and doe hunts with hogs. There's some guys that are new to bow hunting and need to get some experience with out getting burned by a bad place or with out spending a fortune to start with.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: bow hunting - 06/29/15 02:40 PM

Heart of Texas Bowhunting.

FYI you won't be hunting over a feeder. Which IMO is better for bigger bucks

He normally has 1-2 killed a year that will break 150

Re: bow hunting - 06/30/15 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Heart of Texas Bowhunting.

FYI you won't be hunting over a feeder. Which IMO is better for bigger bucks

He normally has 1-2 killed a year that will break 150
\
I would tell him to hunt the fencelines..... peep
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: bow hunting - 06/30/15 10:19 AM

We hunted forester exotics last year, there were 6 of us and 5 of us killed stuff. It was $500.00 a piece for Fri sat and Sunday.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum