Texas Hunting Forum

Llano County

Posted By: CW Knight

Llano County - 05/30/15 01:50 AM

Anyone know how much rain they got in Llano County?
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Llano County - 05/30/15 11:14 AM

Over the last week Llano has gotten anywhere from 12 to 6 inches depending on what part of the county you're in. I live on the Burnet/Llano county line and have received approx. 7 in of rain. I think every stream that can hold water, is. Western Llano has gotten a lot more rain though.
Posted By: majekman

Re: Llano County - 05/30/15 11:30 AM

My cuz has a place near Cherry Springs. He has gotten like 9-11 inches. Said his ranch is an absolute jungle. Deer aren't hardly touching protein feeders. Way to much good natural stuff out there. He's looking for a very good year.
Posted By: CW Knight

Re: Llano County - 05/31/15 02:54 AM

Thanks. We are from the Dallas area. Land owner lives the San Antonio area and we didn't have any ideas as to how much rain everyone down that way had gotten. How do you guys feel this will effect the season?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Llano County - 05/31/15 03:00 AM

That country drains quick. It will be good for the deer.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Llano County - 05/31/15 03:19 AM

deer will be in great shape, much better than recent years but it will probably be difficult hunting if the abundant native vegetation continues throughout the season. an early hard freeze could result in better hunting conditions and a bumper season, though.
Posted By: Triplesnake

Re: Llano County - 06/02/15 02:38 PM

Check out http://hydromet.lcra.org/full.aspx You can zoom in on your area of the county and select rain gauges from the menu on the left. Our area in the southern part of the county had received 8-10" in the last two weeks. The tanks are full and the creeks are running!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum