Texas Hunting Forum

Good guides?

Posted By: J_Stout

Good guides? - 05/08/15 07:43 PM

My father is interested in hunting Mulies in Texas sometime possibly next year. Any good suggestions on some of the best places to go? Or possibly good guides you've hunted with? Thanks
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Good guides? - 05/08/15 09:15 PM

Desert Safaris or Wildlife Systems are two of the best out in the TransPecos but they stayed booked in advance though. Both have some very large and well managed ranches they hunt on.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Good guides? - 05/08/15 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Desert Safaris or Wildlife Systems are two of the best out in the TransPecos but they stayed booked in advance though. Both have some very large and well managed ranches they hunt on.

what he said. LongFellow Ranch is great, if you can get in with them. They stay booked way before the season. If your interested in a hunt with them give Chris Strudevant a call, best of luck
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Good guides? - 05/08/15 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: GordoRatt

what he said. LongFellow Ranch is great, if you can get in with them. They stay booked way before the season. If your interested in a hunt with them give Chris Strudevant a call, best of luck

Are they back to hunting Mule Deer again? I thought the were not hunting for the past couple of season due to drought?
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Good guides? - 05/08/15 09:34 PM

Also another is the Shipp Ranch out of Lometta, Texas. Randy Shipp is a very nice guy and runs an awesome hunting ranch, check out Shipp Ranch website. Has a Large area for hunting around Van Horn
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Good guides? - 05/08/15 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: GordoRatt

Are they back to hunting Mule Deer again? I thought the were not hunting for the past couple of season due to drought?

They ran a few mgt hunts. I was under the impression they were gonna kick it off again this yr. They did and they are COMPLETELY booked, sorry
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Good guides? - 05/14/15 02:56 PM

I booked with a January 2017 hunt with DS a few months ago and at that time they still had openings for 2015-16. Randy was booked for the upcoming season.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Good guides? - 05/15/15 01:15 AM

Look up the CF ranch out of Ft. Davis. Top notch place with tons of critters. They harvest some great muley's each year
and have some very nice Elk as well. Talk to Chris and let him know Mike McKinny sent you his way.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum