Texas Hunting Forum

Sheds

Posted By: DoubleTrouble

Sheds - 03/27/15 02:28 AM

Picked up 6 in just over a hour. Season total 23 sheds.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Sheds - 03/27/15 02:30 AM

cheers Glad you can find some. We are to green and tall right now making it hard to see sheds. Lot of bucks have not dropped yet down here though.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Sheds - 03/27/15 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers Glad you can find some. We are to green and tall right now making it hard to see sheds. Lot of bucks have not dropped yet down here though.

Ours are still packing bang
Maybe next week
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: Sheds - 03/27/15 03:12 AM

Found a bunch (65) this year also. But still seen 6 bucks carrying as of saturday.
Posted By: KG68

Re: Sheds - 03/27/15 03:32 AM

Weeds are growing so fast here the last week I'm thinking driving around on our little dozer might be smarter. If I could get the wifey to ride in the elevated bucket I would rent a skidsteer with tracks and haul her around. grin
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Sheds - 03/27/15 03:35 AM

Good job.
With a lack of rain last year it was easier to spot them in the fields, this year is tough.
Posted By: Antler Addicts

Re: Sheds - 04/01/15 09:56 PM

We always start Shed hunting April 1 in south texas, but saw a buck with antlers and grass is too tall! Going to be a poor shed season, but thankful for the rains!
Posted By: tlk

Re: Sheds - 04/02/15 01:06 AM

was at our place in ST last weekend and found a few - drove my RTV through an area near a pond and when I left I noticed my buggy was running weird. Stopped and found one antler through one tire and another antler through another tire. These were the Kevlar run flat tires and those babies punctured them like it was nothing - I am now pay $$$$ for new tires
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Sheds - 04/03/15 04:47 AM

We were down in Runnels and Tom Green counties today, shed hunting will be hard this year. The pastures are grown up in grass and weeds, in one pasture we saw broom weeds that where already a foot high. The wheat fields are looking really good, best I have seen in several years, on our patch the renter said if the prices hold we could expect a record check.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Sheds - 04/03/15 02:20 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum