Texas Hunting Forum

Safety Question

Posted By: corkys son

Safety Question - 03/10/15 03:58 AM

Got a problem with drinking beer in the deer blinds during deer season. Finding beer cans in stands that are open to all members. No one admits to it. I find this very a serious safety problem, other hunters travel to and from other stands in front of their line of fire. Does anyone else have this problem, if so how do you handle it? I drink myself, so it's not an anti alcohol deal--just safety. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Safety Question - 03/10/15 04:02 AM

I would suggest not crossing in front of a-holes drinking beer in the stand........

Re: Safety Question - 03/10/15 04:09 AM

Don't have a choice, no way to get to your area without traveling--either walking or ATV. Most are pipeline.
Posted By: Western

Re: Safety Question - 03/10/15 11:15 AM

Have each one sign on a log what stands they hunt in and when. If it isn't in the group "rules", you may want to get everyone together and tale a vote. You could have trespassers, that may be an excuse to push the rule.

I'm not a drinker per se, never had a problem with it with the guys I hunted with, but have seen a few that are not mature enough to see the difference from enjoyment and safety for everyone involved.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Safety Question - 03/10/15 01:10 PM

We had that problem once. Turned out it was the landowner and his buddies hunting out of our stands when we weren't there.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Safety Question - 03/11/15 03:06 AM

Good Luck!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Safety Question - 03/11/15 04:31 AM

Had the issue once. Didn't take a lot of research to figure which cooler held the offenders beer brand. They weren't allowd to re-up for the following season. Had no problem telling them why. It was clearly stated in the contract they had signed.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Safety Question - 03/11/15 04:32 AM

Have a few beers yourself. confused2
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Safety Question - 03/11/15 01:47 PM

Thats why I have two locks and 12 cameras...

Simple stay out of my area during season, don't even look at the turn off roflmao
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Safety Question - 03/11/15 02:59 PM

Put in the lease contact that if you drink before sundown you are prohibited from hunting that afternoon no exceptions. Break this rule and you have ended your hunting season no exceptions.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Safety Question - 03/11/15 06:38 PM

You finding a can or two or and empty case?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Safety Question - 03/11/15 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Put in the lease contact that if you drink before sundown you are prohibited from hunting that afternoon no exceptions. Break this rule and you have ended your hunting season no exceptions.

wtf

Re: Safety Question - 03/12/15 01:22 AM

It's already stated in contract about drinking while hunting, caught and you're gone for good right then. Don't think it has to come to absolutely no drinking during the day. Personally, I don't drink anything until after the evening hunt. If I find someone has had too much to drink, they stay in camp. 1,2,4 or 6 beers, what does it matter. Alcohol and a loaded gun just won't cut it. I have no problem removing anyone for this violation and they know it.

Re: Safety Question - 03/12/15 12:16 PM

Are you the property owner? I would suspect most problems probably arise when mr. deer camp cop starts telling other grown men what to do like they are children.
Posted By: Western

Re: Safety Question - 03/12/15 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Are you the property owner? I would suspect most problems probably arise when mr. deer camp cop starts telling other grown men what to do like they are children.

Some have to be treated that way, he did say it was a "1 strike your out" in the contract.

Re: Safety Question - 03/12/15 04:12 PM

Yes children are taught rules and if they break them there are consequences. Really not complicated.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Safety Question - 03/13/15 02:08 AM

I've enjoyed a beer or two in deer stands for over 40 years and never had a problem. So have my fellow hunters on the lease.
I really don't see getting excited over it unless some of your hunters drink too much and do stupid things. Then, they need to go.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Safety Question - 03/13/15 02:26 AM

Wouldn't lose sleep over a few beer cans in a stand.

Re: Safety Question - 03/13/15 02:36 PM

What happens if someone gets shot at or God forbid even shot? I'm not going to have to live with that. It if upsets someone so much that " mr.deer camp cop" won't let them drink while hunting, let them hunt your site. Personally, I'm not willing to take that chance with anyone's life.

Re: Safety Question - 03/13/15 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: corkys son
What happens if someone gets shot at or God forbid even shot? I'm not going to have to live with that. It if upsets someone so much that " mr.deer camp cop" won't let them drink while hunting, let them hunt your site. Personally, I'm not willing to take that chance with anyone's life.

Your not, the guy drinking is... As well as they guy walking through others hunting areas while they are on stand. Sounds unsafe and unproductive at the least. A poor hunting set up. Lots of accidental shootings occur that didn't involve alcohol
Posted By: bp3

Re: Safety Question - 03/13/15 02:48 PM

Some one has a problem that has to drink in a deer stand, after the hunt at camp with guns put away is fine.
Posted By: HS2

Re: Safety Question - 03/17/15 06:10 PM

The only safe way is that when you start drinking, your hunting day is over. No exceptions.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Safety Question - 03/17/15 09:49 PM

I think there is a difference between having "a beer" and "several beers" on the stand, though I usually don't
Posted By: tlk

Re: Safety Question - 03/17/15 11:24 PM

Remind me not to invite you on our lease - the man is concerned about people's safety and you are hammering him? Really?

Re: Safety Question - 03/17/15 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: retfuz
I've enjoyed a beer or two in deer stands for over 40 years and never had a problem. So have my fellow hunters on the lease.
I really don't see getting excited over it unless some of your hunters drink too much and do stupid things. Then, they need to go.

So they need to go after they do something stupid drinking too much and hunting with a lethal weapon? What if the stupid thing they do is shoot you or one of your other hunters?
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Safety Question - 03/18/15 09:58 PM

Rules are rules. Mine is no alcohol when guns are out. You'll never get to a stand on my place if you are drinking. The liability is on me as the landowner.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Safety Question - 03/19/15 01:54 AM

People do stupid things while sober every day.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Safety Question - 03/19/15 12:26 PM

I usually have a beer or two in the stand, evening hunts only. I don't understand how that would make me shoot myself or another hunter. confused2 I don't chamber a round until I'm settled, don't shoot at noises in the brush, don't even pick up the rifle unless I'm ready to shoot. Binoculars do most of the work. Some people are dangerous when sober.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Safety Question - 03/19/15 11:28 PM

Some people are dangerous when sober, & MORE dangerous drunk.

I'm not worried about ME drinking & shooting someone accidentally, but I would be worried about some other a-hole drinking & shooting me.

& it's a poorly thought out & laid out lease that has hunters driving by each other. I wouldn't drive by anyone's stand if it were me, as that makes it possible to be shot accidentally, more so if you have guys drinking.

But that just me........hope the OP gets a satisfactory solution.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Safety Question - 03/19/15 11:55 PM

If your camp rule is no drinking in the blind, then that is the way it should be.
But what bothers me more than a responsible guy that had a beer, is a sober city slicker swinging the muzzle of a gun around. There has been more damage done that way than one beer has ever done.
I was on a lease that had a no alcohol while hunting rule. Them fools would drink after hunting and then drive down the highway to a hotel or the other camp, idiots. A vehicle has many times more killing power than a gun. And can take out a few families with with just a moments lapse in timing. But hey, they never had a single beer in the stand.
Safety is an all around thing, not just the one thing that gets your goat.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
What bothers me more than a responsible guy that had a beer, is a damn sober city slicker swinging the muzzle of a gun around. There has been more damage done that way than one beer has ever done.
If you have a no beer rule, it makes since to have everyone pass a safety/hunter education type class. And instantly ban anyone that swings a muzzle in your direction or fails to have an open bolt at camp.
I was on a lease that had a no alcohol while hunting rule. Them fools would drink after hunting and then drive down the highway to a hotel or the other camp, idiots. A vehicle has many times more killing power than a gun. And can take out a few families with with just a moments lapse in timing. But hey, they never had a single beer in the stand.

Yep. I would rather hunt with a country boy that has a few beers in the blind than most city boys any day.

It sounds like your set-up isnt ideal whether beer is involved or not. hammer
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: BOONER
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
What bothers me more than a responsible guy that had a beer, is a damn sober city slicker swinging the muzzle of a gun around. There has been more damage done that way than one beer has ever done.
If you have a no beer rule, it makes since to have everyone pass a safety/hunter education type class. And instantly ban anyone that swings a muzzle in your direction or fails to have an open bolt at camp.

Yep. I would rather hunt with a country boy that has a few beers in the blind than most city boys any day.

It sounds like your set-up isnt ideal whether beer is involved or not. hammer

I got away from that lease. Too much drinking aint a good mixture with anything.
And stupid people aint a good mixture with anything too.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 04:55 AM

I don't drink but have plenty of friends who do. Everyone is different you may be able to have a couple beers in the stand over the coarse of 3-4 hours and no issues at all. Now getting drunk in the stand thats a whole different scenario and is a no go IMO.

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 05:29 AM

Lease has 2 miles of pipeline. We have stands covering this pipeline that every member can hunt, this is one of the biggest attractions to this lease and it has been this way for 28 years. Problem with beer cans in the blinds has come up in the last 4 years. No one admits to it which is not surprising. As Fireman said, sober people do stupid stuff too. You hope everyone is a resonsible hunter, but all it takes is one mistake and I'm not willing to let alcohol be involved in it. I know some people can drink a 6 pack in the blind and not be affected, but that isn't a blanket statement for all hunters. I really appreciate everyone's replies to this matter.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Humblesmith
The only safe way is that when you start drinking, your hunting day is over. No exceptions.

A simple and true statement.

But you will witness about 50+ rationalizations/distractions/justifications on this thread alone on why you are a buzzkill for saying that.

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 01:36 PM

This is a situation that I've dealt with on our lease for several years now. It hits close to home, because I've watched two friends that I hunt with abuse the drinking privilege that our lease has allowed.

Both started out mainly drinking at night around the campfire. Then progressed to start drinking at lunch. Then to late morning as soon as they returned from the morning hunt. Once they hit this stage they carried on with the drinking until they were sh!tfaced drunk every night by 8-9. When they hit this stage they are intoxicated when they are hunting the afternoon hunt.

We hunt on a very large piece of property and we are very spread out with our sets. The danger was really on themselves of accidents happening, UNTIL they come back into camp with loaded firearms around others.

I have not been in charge of our hunting group until this year. But I've always had a lot of influence on the guy who has been. Even though they were good friends of mine, I made sure they were not invited back to the lease when they hit the start drinking in the late morning stage.

Once the bullet leaves the barrel it's not coming back. I've decided from my observations and experience now that I'm in charge, if you drink before sundown, your hunting will be over for that day. No exceptions. It's a shame it has to come to this, but it is what it is. When I look back on things we were lucky we didn't have an accidental shooting when I think of how drunk those two wre when they came in from their afternoon hunt.

IMO, if you can't enjoy the afternoon hunt without a beer or mixed drink, you have a drinking problem.

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 07:00 PM

This is a situation that I've dealt with on our lease for several years now. It hits close to home, because I've watched two friends that I hunt with abuse the drinking privilege that our lease has allowed.

Both started out mainly drinking at night around the campfire. Then progressed to start drinking at lunch. Then to late morning as soon as they returned from the morning hunt. Once they hit this stage they carried on with the drinking until they were sh!tfaced drunk every night by 8-9. When they hit this stage they are intoxicated when they are hunting the afternoon hunt.

We hunt on a very large piece of property and we are very spread out with our sets. The danger was really on themselves of accidents happening, UNTIL they come back into camp with loaded firearms around others.

I have not been in charge of our hunting group until this year. But I've always had a lot of influence on the guy who has been. Even though they were good friends of mine, I made sure they were not invited back to the lease when they hit the start drinking in the late morning stage.

Once the bullet leaves the barrel it's not coming back. I've decided from my observations and experience now that I'm in charge, if you drink before sundown, your hunting will be over for that day. No exceptions. It's a shame it has to come to this, but it is what it is. When I look back on things we were lucky we didn't have an accidental shooting when I think of how drunk those two wre when they came in from their afternoon hunt.

IMO, if you can't enjoy the afternoon hunt without a beer or mixed drink, you have a drinking problem.

Getting chit faced and having a few are completely different. The situation you described would be a problem on almost any lease! But enjoying a few drinks in the blind has nothing to do with having a drinking problem. I love having a few beers in the blind on a good cold afternoon and that is why I do it. I want to do it because I love it. I don't do it because I need it.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 07:21 PM

Getting chit faced and having a few are completely different. The situation you described would be a problem on almost any lease! But enjoying a few drinks in the blind has nothing to do with having a drinking problem. I love having a few beers in the blind on a good cold afternoon and that is why I do it. I want to do it because I love it. I don't do it because I need it.

That is just the thing, having a few is having a few. It seems that in the above scenario, they were going well over a few and knew it. Seems to punish the people who are responsible by saying if you have a sip of alcohol you are done hunting for the day but not my lease or my rules.

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 09:31 PM

Rex you and Booner make good points. I hate to group guys together with those who become irresponsible. I'm just concerned about what can happen between the time the irresponsible guy starts drinking too much and it comes to my attention. The guys I know that are still on our lease I have no hesitation believing that they can have a beer or two while in the blind and it not come to a dangerous situation. But the guys I don't know well, that's what I'm concerned about. Once they get drunk while handling a weapon, by the time I find out about it bad things that can't be undone could of already happened.

Any suggestions?

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 09:54 PM

Rex you and Booner make good points. I hate to group guys together with those who become irresponsible. I'm just concerned about what can happen between the time the irresponsible guy starts drinking too much and it comes to my attention. The guys I know that are still on our lease I have no hesitation believing that they can have a beer or two while in the blind and it not come to a dangerous situation. But the guys I don't know well, that's what I'm concerned about. Once they get drunk while handling a weapon, by the time I find out about it bad things that can't be undone could of already happened.

Any suggestions?

Man that's tuff. I have never hunted with guys that I didnt already know really well so I'm not sure what I would do.

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 09:58 PM

Any suggestions?

Man that's tuff. I have never hunted with guys that I didnt already know really well so I'm not sure what I would do.

I guess you could err on the side of caution at first. Maybe see how they act around the camp while drinking. If they act like idiots then they probably don't need to be drinking and hunting.

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 10:40 PM

Any suggestions?

I guess you could err on the side of caution at first. Maybe see how they act around the camp while drinking. If they act like idiots then they probably don't need to be drinking and hunting.

So maybe start out with the rule of no drinking before sundown if you want to hunt that afternoon, and then ease up on it once I determine everyone is responsible about drinking a couple beers in the stand?
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 10:55 PM

Ive got a neighbor that is a first class drunk, he is a real jack [censored]. I definitely wouldn't want him anywhere near me with a gun. flag

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 10:58 PM

Any suggestions?

So maybe start out with the rule of no drinking before sundown if you want to hunt that afternoon, and then ease up on it once I determine everyone is responsible about drinking a couple beers in the stand?

I think that would be worth trying.

Re: Safety Question - 03/20/15 11:43 PM

The more I think about this, the more I realize what bothers me about drinking and loaded firearms. If the first try doesn't work, someone could be dead as a result of that failure.

And I use to just think of it that way looking at accident's happening. But a couple years ago I met a guy that told me about his brother being killed by another hunter on a lease they were on together. A new hunter to the lease that seemed like a nice guy until he got really intoxicated, like the Dr. Jeckel Mr Hyde thing. Apparently one night his brother got into an argument with this guy while he was the intoxicated Dr. Jeckel. Next thing he knows he's waking up to the gun shots of his brother being shot by this dude.

That was a pretty scary thought when I think of all the situations I've been in at deer camps with guys arguing with each other usually as a result of a guy being too drunk and obnoxious and somebody finally getting fed up with it. I'm glad to say it hasn't happened alot, but it has a few times in my 35 years of hunting.

Makes me understand why ranches that do guided hunts with people they don't really know put away the firearms when any alcohol is being served and can't afford for accident's to happen hunting as a result of someone drinking too much.

Posted By: J.G.

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 12:24 AM

I'm on both sides of this. I have carried a few beers with me to a blind on the occassion I am blind hunting.

I also forbid everyone from drinking any alcohol while shooting on my range. Except friends I know very well, and know they wont act like jackazzes if they have a couple beers. So this comes down to the individual for me. Some guys can go slow and stay very lucid, some guys act like 16 year olds that managed to score some beer.
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 11:14 AM

the deer lease is a place for fun and enjoyment.to be able to cut loose.most every lease has a deer camp cop that thinks because he does not drink no one else should.if you are that worried about it hunt when no one else is there.problem solved but what if you have an accident who will be there to help you no one because you want to be deer camp cop. i drink and hunt in the stand in the afternoon and can control it.we are all grown ups here and should take responsability for our actions.i have hunted for a lot of years and on several leases and have never seen a accident due to alcohol.if alcohol offends you maybe you should hunt on a lease by yourself.that way you dont see it. as i stated i drink and im on my lease by myself and like it.

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 12:55 PM

Back on my neighbor. I was walking around the front corner of my house towards my front yard and I heard a zip by my head followed by a pop. I saw my drunk neighbor on the fence row about 100 yrds away waking with something hid on his opposite side. He walked over to his shed and started laughing with his dad. Oh yah forgot to tell you that the 60 year old drunk guy and his 50s something year old brother have lived with their dad their hole life. Winners. The wind was blowing hard so when it all happened I was a little disoriented, It took a couple of seconds to kick in. I think because I couldn't believe a bullet just wizzed by my head. I didn't approach them, because I know what Im capable of and its not laughable. I tried to tell myself it was an accident. They have been this way since I moved in a few years ago. They don't want neighbors, and have pulled a lot of real outlandish [censored]. Ive never met them, They never waved back, so they didn't seem friendly from the get go. They did the same childish [censored] to the previous tenants, doing what ever they could to bother them. My point is a drunk with a gun could get himself killed and it aint with no pea popper. My dad whom I never lived with was a straight runnin drunk and smoker. He died at the age of 54. He abused his body and it caught up with him. Hope it does the same to my evil neighbor. Wished he was a friendly drunk, But he aint and drunks with guns is extremely dangerous. Ive seen it time and time again over the years. cheers drink responsibly

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SlaminEm
the deer lease is a place for fun and enjoyment.to be able to cut loose.most every lease has a deer camp cop that thinks because he does not drink no one else should.if you are that worried about it hunt when no one else is there.problem solved but what if you have an accident who will be there to help you no one because you want to be deer camp cop. i drink and hunt in the stand in the afternoon and can control it.we are all grown ups here and should take responsability for our actions.i have hunted for a lot of years and on several leases and have never seen a accident due to alcohol.if alcohol offends you maybe you should hunt on a lease by yourself.that way you dont see it. as i stated i drink and im on my lease by myself and like it.

First thing here--I drink, not trying to stop any one from drinking and of course the whole purpose of a deer lease besides hunting is to enjoy yourself. But, I only drink after the evening hunt. That is not what this thread was about. I am 65 years old and retired, I spend more time during deer season on the lease than everyone else combined, and a lot of it is by myself. But the lease is under my name and if someone does get hurt while I'm there or not, and I didn't try everything I could have to prevent this, it all falls back to me. But drinking in camp at night is not what this thread is about, it is about the safety and well being of all members. What would you do if someone shot you, your wife, or child and they were drinking in the blind? Personally, I don't care if a person is going to be responsible for the accident, I would a loved one or a member of the lease wounded or dead. I've seen dead and wounded and never ever want to see it again! I disagree with your reply, but I thank you for the reply regardless. And going with the replies I've seen, limiting alcohol to after the night hunt is probably the way I'll end up going. But, I think that is a real bummer because 1 or 2 people mess it up for the other 12 members who are willing to drink responsibly! I want to thank everyone for their replys.

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 03:24 PM

If a guy throws a fit about having to wait until evening to drink, that is a pretty good sign he may not have very good control of it in the first place. Real grownups can go 12 hours without drinking just fine.

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 06:26 PM

The more I think about this, the more I realize what bothers me about drinking and loaded firearms. If the first try doesn't work, someone could be dead as a result of that failure.

And I use to just think of it that way looking at accident's happening. But a couple years ago I met a guy that told me about his brother being killed by another hunter on a lease they were on together. A new hunter to the lease that seemed like a nice guy until he got really intoxicated, like the Dr. Jeckel Mr Hyde thing. Apparently one night his brother got into an argument with this guy while he was the intoxicated Dr. Jeckel. Next thing he knows he's waking up to the gun shots of his brother being shot by this dude.

That was a pretty scary thought when I think of all the situations I've been in at deer camps with guys arguing with each other usually as a result of a guy being too drunk and obnoxious and somebody finally getting fed up with it. I'm glad to say it hasn't happened alot, but it has a few times in my 35 years of hunting.

Makes me understand why ranches that do guided hunts with people they don't really know put away the firearms when any alcohol is being served and can't afford for accident's to happen hunting as a result of someone drinking too much.

Pitchfork if it's bothering you this much then I think you should just make a no drinking rule. There are plenty of guys that don't drink looking for a place to hunt. Your the one that is in charge so just be up front with everyone on the issue and you shouldn't have a problem. I like to have a few beers while I hunt but I wouldn't quit hunting if I couldn't. Your the man who is trying to make it safe for everyone so if your not comfortable with it then just squash it from the get go.

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
If a guy throws a fit about having to wait until evening to drink, that is a pretty good sign he may not have very good control of it in the first place. Real grownups can go 12 hours without drinking just fine.

If a grown up throws a fit about anything, then they aren't really grown up anyway.

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 08:15 PM

I think I'm going to just have the if you drink your through hunting for the day rule.

And add a rule that if you get really intoxicated you have ended the season.

Enough said.

Re: Safety Question - 03/21/15 08:51 PM

I think I'm going to just have the if you drink your through hunting for the day rule.

And add a rule that if you get really intoxicated you have ended the season.

Enough said.

up
Posted By: bigdavehunting

Re: Safety Question - 03/22/15 01:06 AM

No drinking during daylight Hrs is a whole lot easier to deal with than trying to decide when too much is enough. As said before there are hunters to take their place if they don't like it.
Posted By: DudleyDoRight76

Re: Safety Question - 03/22/15 04:26 PM

You said it yourself Corky.... Why not go after the 2 and leave the 12 alone?? Sounds like a few a messing it up for everyone!

Re: Safety Question - 03/22/15 10:23 PM

Getting chitfaced drunk is stupid in the first place. No argument here. But a couple of beers while waiting on stand, perfectly acceptable in my world. I know the two perps Pitchfork Predator was reffering to. They were chitfaced drunks. They no longer hunt the pitchfork.

Re: Safety Question - 03/22/15 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Getting chitfaced drunk is stupid in the first place. No argument here. But a couple of beers while waiting on stand, perfectly acceptable in my world. I know the two perps Pitchfork Predator was reffering to. They were chitfaced drunks. They no longer hunt the pitchfork.

Yeah I have visited several places where the deer lease is just a place to get away from Momma and get plastered. I am frankly amazed there are not way more shooting incidents than there actually are.....
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Safety Question - 03/22/15 10:53 PM

If I'm handling firearms I do not drink. I expect the same from anybody hunting with me.

Re: Safety Question - 03/23/15 12:31 AM

Yeah I have visited several places where the deer lease is just a place to get away from Momma and get plastered. I am frankly amazed there are not way more shooting incidents than there actually are.....

Thats not a deer lease then!

Re: Safety Question - 03/23/15 12:45 AM

Thats not a deer lease then!

I agree. But there are tons of 'em.

Re: Safety Question - 03/23/15 12:49 AM

I sometimes will pack a beer in my back pack. It makes for a relaxing chill down while sitting after a long walk. Water is good too. I like to sit over a valley and think about old times. Key words one beer, and I hunt alone a lot and not on a deer lease. When my friend goes that likes to pack a beer we both chill together. A lot of beer and guns on a populated deer lease could get a little harry. Ive seen it. Watched 3 guys get into a shouting match over how to skin a deer while drinking. Kinda freeky and funny. Im talking about you could hear these dudes a mile away. rock_on

Re: Safety Question - 03/23/15 12:55 AM

That goes to show you that drinking and safety go hand in hand! cheers

Re: Safety Question - 03/23/15 12:58 AM

I think most of the guys that are asses when they drink are probably asses before they start! Just my 2cents

Re: Safety Question - 03/23/15 04:51 AM

I think most of the guys that are asses when they drink are probably asses before they start! Just my 2cents
I will agree with that. Being intoxicated does bring out the real A..hole in a person, not always, but mostly. If a person has the propensity to be a d...head alcohol will probably intensify that.
Posted By: BMD

Re: Safety Question - 03/23/15 04:59 AM

I agree.

Re: Safety Question - 03/24/15 12:29 AM

Just picture three drunk dudes at night under a street light with bloody arms and hands, and holding big knives arguing about how to skin a deer real loud like. It will make you stand back about twenty feet. duel
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum