Texas Hunting Forum

McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect

Posted By: txhunter1010

McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 04:01 AM

How's the hunting in the Tilden area?,. I got invited to go down in two weeks to go after a buck on an mld place that is bout 10,000 acres... Low fence... Just curious what to expect.. They say there are some good ones...thanks
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 04:34 AM

There are some good quality deer in that area depending on what ranch, and if it's a 10,000 acre mld ranch, you should see some nice bucks and plenty of deer without any problem.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 04:39 AM

Recent rains have really greened things up down south. Winter weeds are everywhere now so it might have deer movement really down around feeders. Get some good cold weather and corning roads might produce. Ranch should know where and what to expect. County has always had some really big deer. Which direction from Tilden?

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 04:37 PM

The rough direction I got the other day from the guy was go through Tilden on 16 and I believe he said a few miles outside of town hang a left and go for bout 15 miles??.. Not sure but he said its bout 25 miles outside of tilden

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 04:42 PM

Sounds like it is down towards the Clegg Community. Still a good area if it is. With that size ranch should be some good deer. What are you hunting? Bucks usually are broken up pretty good by this time of the year.
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 05:53 PM

I used to hunt a little south of that area.... great deer around there.

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Sounds like it is down towards the Clegg Community. Still a good area if it is. With that size ranch should be some good deer. What are you hunting? Bucks usually are broken up pretty good by this time of the year.

He said they had a bunch of tags left so pretty much any buck 10 point or less is fair game..
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/07/15 10:26 PM

awesome... I've seen 9 pointers in the 160's in that area. I killed a 151 8 point a couple years ago around there.
Posted By: Frio County Hunts

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/08/15 03:19 AM

That area is always pretty solid. Good luck!

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/09/15 04:22 PM

well it sounds promising and ive seen pics of some of the deer they have shot...got some drop tines, out there!!

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/09/15 04:30 PM

This warm weather is really greening up the weed growth right now. I hope you get some colder weather when you are down. The next week is mild temps but no rain so far in the forecast.

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/09/15 04:49 PM

yeah the ten day forecast will show the weekend im going this Thursday so im praying it will be good!
Posted By: rob valle

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/10/15 03:17 PM

Good luck and post pics!

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/10/15 07:23 PM

thanks!! and yes plenty of pics..

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/23/15 04:15 PM

I posted them in the photo section but was gonna add them here too to my original post....

Posted By: John Humbert

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/23/15 06:23 PM

This isn't with Desert Wolf outfitters is it?

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/23/15 06:41 PM

no sir, this is a family owned, (not my family) ranch that does a few hunts during the year for trophy and management deer....
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/23/15 10:08 PM

Congrats on the harvest!

Re: McMullen county... Tilden.... Deer hunt.. What to expect - 02/24/15 03:46 PM

thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum