Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co?

Posted By: JesseTaylor

Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 01/16/15 07:34 AM

Looking to see is and a few other questions. Thanks
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 01/16/15 02:02 PM

I hunt in Bosque county near the lake whitney dam.

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 01/16/15 08:12 PM

We just changed leases from Kerrville upto Morgan. Where's a good place for corn, protein and what-nots?
Posted By: lonestar1995

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 01/16/15 11:56 PM

There is a nice feed store in Clifton

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 01/17/15 01:10 AM

Thanks...I'll check em out. What is good to grow in that area for spring and winter plots?
Posted By: pigslayer10

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/13/15 04:33 PM

There's a local place in Meridian called Mr. Ed's. Good guy, good prices, and takes good care of his customers.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/14/15 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: JesseTaylor
We just changed leases from Kerrville upto Morgan. Where's a good place for corn, protein and what-nots?
Are you near the W4 ranch?
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/14/15 09:40 PM

Feed store in Clifton will take care of you.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/16/15 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: pigslayer10
There's a local place in Meridian called Mr. Ed's. Good guy, good prices, and takes good care of his customers.

Good folks there. They didn't raise their prices sky high two years ago when everyone else was.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/16/15 04:10 PM

If your near the lake Whitney dam, then the feed store on Hwy 22 in Whitney is close to you. Only problem is they close at noon on Saturday. There is a feed store in China springs that is open until 5pm on Saturdays. As far as food plots I have had luck with just plain old oats, but I've had a lot more luck when I mixed in Austrian winter peas with the oats. The feed store in Whitney orders them for me. I plant in the middle of September each year and have a good crop of oats and peas up before the season starts.
Posted By: Kactuskiller

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/18/15 12:17 AM

Morgan is a great area. We have been looking for another lease in that area for the last few years.

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/23/15 05:44 AM

I'm not sure where the damn is. But we are off 2800 a few miles north of Morgan. Heading up there the first week of March to get stuff setup and check it out.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/24/15 02:04 AM

It sorta depends on how you're getting to your lease in Morgan. If you come thru Hamilton and on Hwy 22, check out Micobe Feed located at HWY 36 @ HWY 22. They make a corn/soybean called STAMPEDE. That is all I've used the past 5 years and have found it very effective. Its a little cheaper than buying corn and protein separately, plus the roasted soybeans don't dissolve like protein pellets will do.

Re: Anyone hunting in or near Bosque Co? - 02/24/15 05:32 AM

Thank you...I'll check it out. The way I come thur will be from 35. If I'm coming from the house it'll be from the the north side...If from work...I'll be coming in from the south.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum