Texas Hunting Forum

couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY

Posted By: txhunter1010

couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 03:31 PM

Posted By: Navasot

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 03:35 PM

My relatives live there and kill good ones every year... If that big skull cap is the big 200inch deer from a few years ago I held it in my hands it was taken on the bordering properties my grandparents by a young lady.

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 03:39 PM

no that buck was just shot couple weeks ago Nav
Posted By: KCH

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 03:40 PM

SHHHH! Falls has been a sleeper for years, grin

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: KCH

yes sir..im from there and ive seen some good ones...never had a chance to knock one down but they are around..
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 04:00 PM

grin Interesting...that buck was killed in November IIRC. Been several really big bucks killed off the same piece of ground in the past also. popcorn
Same buck in your first picture.
Posted By: booger

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 04:03 PM

I was able to put my hands on the first rack pictured and all I can say is WOW!!!!

WHEAT KILLS in central Texas

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 04:10 PM

Ranchman, I saw it a week ago at the taxi, and just going by his word he said it was brought in a few weeks back...I know the guy that shot it..use to be our banker
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: txhunter1010
Ranchman, I saw it a week ago at the taxi, and just going by his word he said it was brought in a few weeks back...I know the guy that shot it..use to be our banker

Yes. I got that pic in November from a friend of mine who knows the banker and let him hunt quail on his land. IIRC it was a friend of the banker that killed this buck or the friend killed a 190's buck a few years back.

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 04:27 PM

there has been a few from this same area that all kinda resembled each other in the past years...

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: booger
I was able to put my hands on the first rack pictured and all I can say is WOW!!!!

WHEAT KILLS in central Texas

Weat and rye fields is what that county is known for. Very spotty county though you have to be in the big ravine areas but there are some really good spots. Love it up there its green as ever

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 05:59 PM

What Taxi do you use? Scooter?

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
What Taxi do you use? Scooter?

I think you mean Booger and that taxi is Boehm Taxi in Riesel. I use them too, have for years...cheap price, and pretty dang good

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 06:16 PM

Na scooter is the one that runs Lazy S in Lott. I know of the one your talking bout also
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/09/15 10:21 PM

up
Posted By: Espy

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/10/15 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: KCH

Yall are crazy there are no deer in falls county peep
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/10/15 04:52 AM

God dang!

Those are good deer for any county!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/10/15 06:51 AM

My Wife and I used to drive through Falls on the way to New raunfels. Always green around there, although the good cover was sparse. The deer population in the Blackland prairie has exploded in the last twenty or so years. Some great bucks being taken in that region.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/10/15 01:22 PM

Falls county is a nice combination of farming and brushy cover, fertile soil out that way; not surprised that some awesome bucks come out of there.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: couple of bucks of friends from Falls county..YES FALLS COUNTY - 01/10/15 01:26 PM

Wow! Outstanding bucks!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum