Texas Hunting Forum

Is any rutting still happening south of sonora in Sutton county?

Posted By: Bubbajh

Is any rutting still happening south of sonora in Sutton county? - 01/08/15 12:15 AM

Got a trip planned 16th to 19th and my good friend has given me his MLD 3 trophy tag to use?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Is any rutting still happening south of sonora in Sutton county? - 01/08/15 12:23 AM

What area of the state? welcome

Re: Is any rutting still happening south of sonora in Sutton county? - 01/08/15 01:44 AM

Due south of sonora, southwest Texas
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Is any rutting still happening south of sonora in Sutton county? - 01/08/15 02:03 AM

Could be, 2014 doe fawns some have not bred. Long as a buck finds a doe in estrus for that little while the rut is back on. In the last week or two there have been some nice bucks killed that were chasing does.

Congrats on the tag and good luck filling it with a big one.

Re: Is any rutting still happening south of sonora in Sutton county? - 01/08/15 02:13 AM

Thanks, I saw 3 nice ones last year, but only could kill cull bucks, spikes or doe and axis. I'm so ready for this trip, long ride from Southeast Louisiana, but well worth it.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Is any rutting still happening south of sonora in Sutton county? - 01/08/15 07:52 PM

I hunt about an hour north of there. Bucks were out feeding and starting to get back into bachelor groups. Plenty of decent bucks to be seen. But they weren't moving until around 7:30-8 AM. Full moon hurt this last weekend.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum