Texas Hunting Forum

Montague County-Let's Get'r Done.

Posted By: LoonMan

Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 11:21 AM

I'm out here braving the mud and cold. Deer moving really well yesterday afternoon. Hoping today is the day I get a shot at the big one I've only been able to get a few glimpses of this season. If not, he'll be even bigger next year. Good luck to everyone braving the wet with me.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 11:55 AM

Good luck!!!
Posted By: outdoorsmen54

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 12:39 PM

Braving the wet and muddy in Montague as well. Good luck!
Posted By: Yildiz

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: outdoorsmen54
Braving the wet and muddy in Montague as well. Good luck!

Me three. Working on my 8th day in a row. They did move well yesterday but still haven't seen a mature buck in daylight. Nothing at first light think they will move later in the morning here

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 01:25 PM

Been hearing quite a bit of gunshots in the area last couple dahs too

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 02:16 PM

Nothing moving early over here, either. Geese are up flying and squawking this morning. Crows going at it. No mammals. Yet.
Posted By: Hog Heaven Ranch

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 02:21 PM

What part of montague are yall in? im just south of nocona on dixie school road and its been dead here. no movement at all
Posted By: TTT Ranch

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 02:26 PM

Nothing moving at our place north of the lake.

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt W
What part of montague are yall in? im just south of nocona on dixie school road and its been dead here. no movement at all

I have a place off Dixie school but hunting in saint Jo today. Haven't seen anything this morning either but I think they will move late at 10

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 07:03 PM

I sat until 11. Seen 5 does.
Going back out in a bit.
Hope it'll be better this evening.
I'm north St Jo and west of Capps Corner.

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 09:28 PM

In Over by the Indian bridge north west of Capps corner. 1 doe this morning. Hoping they run this evening.

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 10:21 PM

Got back in about 2 haven't seen anything. Wind is blowing

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/03/15 10:28 PM

Been in stand for over 2 hours and seeing nothing but turkeys. Winds blowing bad.

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/04/15 05:05 AM

Got out there about 2:30. Deer showed up about 5:15. Ended up seeing 12 does and 4 bucks before dark. Saw one legal buck I had not seen before. He was about 18-19" wide, but had no height. I let him go. Saw the the ugliest black and white pig right at dark. He got a pass because it was the last day. I loaded up and headed home. Sad the season is over.

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/04/15 11:29 AM

26 outside with 20 plus mph wind. Hard decision to make but I think the seasons over for me. Making some coffee and will just watch the feeder from the house. Stayed up until about 11pm watching the feeder and nothing hit it last night either which is odd. Good luck to the rest of you!

Re: Montague County-Let's Get'r Done. - 01/04/15 08:32 PM

Came home last night. I checked the weather on my phone and seen that it was gonna be 20 mph winds and along with the full moon and slowwww movement I decided to pack it in. Woke up this morning and decided I made the right decision. Been a long season. We had days where we didn't see a single deer and we had days where we seen 15+ deer at one feeder. Sadly we didn't see any shooter bucks. Glad we had the rain to keep the deer healthy through winter with all the browse for them to eat. We will give it another try next season.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum