Posted By: wtjim

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 04:26 AM

Ruttin' hardcore....
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 04:38 AM

Looks rutted down to me. Good looking buck up
Posted By: nochance4win

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 04:40 AM

That big boy has been chasing some girls and he's wore out.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 04:55 AM

That's good to hear. All my other bucks look twice that size so I was concerned. For all you guessers will be make 120"?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 05:22 AM

I'd say that deer is definitely over 120"
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 07:51 AM

Chasing the ladies hard!!!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Seadog
Chasing the ladies hard!!!

and not taking time to eat while chasing. Lots of bucks loose a bunch of weight to the rut.
Posted By: decook

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 12:03 PM

He also looks pretty old to me. Could be worn teeth (and the rut).
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 12:53 PM

I will also say rut related. Rut can be tough on some buck. But my thoughts are more that he might have been stuck with an antler somewhere that we can't see. Seen bucks get an antler tip in the underside of the belly/flank area that you could not hardly see until you shot them. That type of wound is very common in bucks after they loose a fight. The winning buck will gore the looser as the looser turns to flee. They catch an antler in the gut or in the butt. He also appears to be missing his tail.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I will also say rut related. Rut can be tough on some buck. But my thoughts are more that he might have been stuck with an antler somewhere that we can't see. Seen bucks get an antler tip in the underside of the belly/flank area that you could not hardly see until you shot them. That type of wound is very common in bucks after they loose a fight. The winning buck will gore the looser as the looser turns to flee. They catch an antler in the gut or in the butt. He also appears to be missing his tail.

So you're saying is, he's had his butt tore up...

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 01:37 PM

Ha, I missed the tail thing all together. I have a lot of pics of him. I'm going to see if I have one I can see his rear on better.
Posted By: Branden

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: wp75169
That's good to hear. All my other bucks look twice that size so I was concerned. For all you guessers will be make 120"?
He will make 130's agree with others rutted down.Nice buck
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 03:35 PM

combination of the age the rut and the drought I would tend to think
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

So you're saying is, he's had his butt tore up...

also a third buck may very well enter a fight and gore one from the side or the rear just for good measure

Re: Why so skinny? - 12/31/14 08:26 PM

Here he is looking good on another members camera back in November.

Posted By: gunnut81

Re: Why so skinny? - 01/01/15 08:58 PM

He's rutted down and hungry you need to tranquilize him and turn him loose on my place I'll take good care of him for you.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Why so skinny? - 01/03/15 12:14 AM

Hasn't had food on his mind !
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Why so skinny? - 01/03/15 12:57 AM

Good looking buck. He'll heal up unless someone rifle
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Why so skinny? - 01/03/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

This.

We have one buck the last 2 seasons that you would think is sick by how skinny he is. I think he just doesn't quick when it comes to chasing the ladies.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum