Texas Hunting Forum

obtaining MLD

Posted By: basspromaster

obtaining MLD - 12/27/14 01:14 PM

Next season there may come a chance that I hunt in the same county/ area I did last year. With that being said doe harvest can only be done during archery or with Mld. So after reading TPWD website I thought I would ask for yalls input on obtaining MLD. Mostly I want to know what is the smallest acreage anyone has gotten MLD level one on and was it difficult to obtain MLD.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: obtaining MLD - 12/27/14 01:25 PM

Get you a crossbow and kill them in archery season. The area of the county I live in has no doe harvest season at anytime, unless you are a member of the county WMA. In my area if you are not a member of the WMA then you can not kill any does. If you are then you can get doe permits based off of the county wide surveys done and your acreage.
Also a lot depends on your TPWD biologist. Some are more acceptable than others to MLD. IMO I do not see you getting an MLD with small acreage. Pooling acreage together with neighbors is an option but can become an issue over time with how tags are allotted.
One other permit is the ADCP or Antlerless Deer Control Permit for dealing with over population problems for does/spikes. IIRC you have to pay for this permit. https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdf...ermits_info.pdf
Posted By: Perfect 8

Re: obtaining MLD - 12/27/14 09:51 PM

Great question ... I would love to hear from someone with experience as well. I am particularly interested in the minimum acreage question.
Posted By: KCH

Re: obtaining MLD - 12/28/14 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: basspromaster
Next season there may come a chance that I hunt in the same county/ area I did last year. With that being said doe harvest can only be done during archery or with Mld. So after reading TPWD website I thought I would ask for yalls input on obtaining MLD. Mostly I want to know what is the smallest acreage anyone has gotten MLD level one on and was it difficult to obtain MLD.

I am curious on this as well...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum