Texas Hunting Forum

Coleman County

Posted By: 007 Hunter

Coleman County - 12/18/14 02:53 AM

Anyone have an update on how the hunting has been in Coleman County (Glen Cove area) the past week or so? Heading out there next week. Fingers crossed its picked up since I was out there last month.
Posted By: AD1717

Re: Coleman County - 12/18/14 03:05 AM

I hunt just east of Hords Creek Lake. Only been able to go once a week the last few weeks, but have been seeing a lot of deer. Havent seen the buck Im after but seen all my usuals. Been pretty warm lately so havent had much luck in the evening. Mornings have been pretty good for me though.

I was born and raised in Coleman and I really feel like we are in one of the best parts of Coleman County for deer hunting. I have had a lot of deer this season but know several folks that hunt down in southern coleman county and eastern Coleman County that havent had much luck.

Good luck next week! Let me know how it goes.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Coleman County - 12/18/14 04:14 AM

That area around Hords creek is some prime deer country. up
Posted By: 007 Hunter

Re: Coleman County - 12/18/14 04:37 PM

AD1717,

Thanks for the update. I agree, lots of deer in our area. I bet we are pretty close to each other. I'm east of Glen Cove off of 153. Hopefully I can give a nice buck lead poisoning soon.......
Posted By: AD1717

Re: Coleman County - 12/19/14 02:47 AM

Yes sir sounds like it. Im in the white chapel area.

Hope to see some pics of a buck down soon!
Originally Posted By: 007 Hunter
AD1717,

Thanks for the update. I agree, lots of deer in our area. I bet we are pretty close to each other. I'm east of Glen Cove off of 153. Hopefully I can give a nice buck lead poisoning soon.......
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum