Texas Hunting Forum

Where would you be sitting?

Posted By: TxHillCntry21

Where would you be sitting? - 12/10/14 08:32 AM

Okay, the new lease record has been seen, and is also on camera hanging out at another stand. The 2 stands are only 700-800 yards apart, with a large ridge seperating the 2. The buck was seen at one location only for about 15 seconds. The other stand has pictures of the buck hanging out at the feeder, but has never been seen in that location. Headed up there next week. Where would you be sitting, the blind with the pictures of him, or where he was actually seen?
Posted By: Western

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/10/14 09:37 AM

Flip a coin.... But I bet he's traveling that ridge!
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/10/14 12:19 PM

If there's a saddle or low spot in the ridge that makes it easier for the buck to cross over it, no question that's where I would be. Deer, and especially older bucks, are just as lazy as humans can be and will cross ridges at spots that require less effort.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/10/14 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
If there's a saddle or low spot in the ridge that makes it easier for the buck to cross over it, no question that's where I would be. Deer, and especially older bucks, are just as lazy as humans can be and will cross ridges at spots that require less effort.
up
Posted By: therock

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/10/14 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: landsurveyor
up

X2 on this. Old smart deer will work that line.
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/10/14 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: therock
up

Agreed.
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/10/14 04:45 PM

up

Agreed.
Posted By: TxHillCntry21

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/11/14 12:21 AM

Well the ridge actually splits the property in half at a diagonal. The ridge descends into a bottom where 2 creeks come together. My stand sits overlooking the base of that ridge. I see a lot more bucks than the other guys on the lease. Think my spot is more of a travel route than anything else. May just have to sit all day and wait him out
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/11/14 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: mooney_ag
up

Agreed.

agreed too - just wanted to sound smart and like i know what i am talking about hahah
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/11/14 03:03 AM

I would flip a coin, old bucks get that way by doing things we don't expect.
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: Where would you be sitting? - 12/11/14 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: TxHillCntry21
Well the ridge actually splits the property in half at a diagonal. The ridge descends into a bottom where 2 creeks come together. My stand sits overlooking the base of that ridge. I see a lot more bucks than the other guys on the lease. Think my spot is more of a travel route than anything else. May just have to sit all day and wait him out

exactly what I'd do
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum