Texas Hunting Forum

Self Contained

Posted By: allterrain

Self Contained - 12/06/14 01:29 PM

I have always been the type of hunter that has a bottle in my stand for body fluid. This year I have been letting it go out the window to see if it makes a difference. What is your preference and experiences?
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Self Contained - 12/06/14 01:32 PM

Whichever route I go, I don't hold it in and torture myself.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Self Contained - 12/06/14 07:01 PM

I got this 9-point opening Sunday morning about 9:30 after letting it loose out the front window of the stand a few times that morning. Box stand, elevated about 5 feet. He's no old bruiser for sure but not a youngster, either. He came within 15 yards of the stand. This is by no means a definitive study, just my experience.

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Self Contained - 12/06/14 09:18 PM

Been using a funnel with a hose run through a hole in the floor since Noah's Ark touched ground. Never even gave it a second thought.......Shot deer every year!
Posted By: allterrain

Re: Self Contained - 12/06/14 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
Been using a funnel with a hose run through a hole in the floor since Noah's Ark touched ground. Never even gave it a second thought.......Shot deer every year!

Noahs ark man you been around a long time, lol. I know some guys that just let it go everywhere and some like myself that have contained it. But this year I am joining the freedom group.
Posted By: DENTPUSHA

Re: Self Contained - 12/06/14 11:09 PM

If my bottle is full I'll piss out of blind, never seemed to bother deer much that I could tell.
Posted By: GunsUpHunter

Re: Self Contained - 12/06/14 11:16 PM

I always use a bottle. No reason to chance it. An empty milk jug holds a lot of pee.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Self Contained - 12/06/14 11:47 PM

I bury a 5 gal jug full of pea gravel with the sides cut with a 3/4 hoze and a funnel. I drink a lot of beer in the stand.
Posted By: Bill_OA

Re: Self Contained - 12/07/14 12:10 AM

Some of you guys think way too hard about it. If I need to go I go. If there are deer out in front of me I generally can hold it. Whizzing in a bottle is further than I care to go.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Self Contained - 12/07/14 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: WCallaway
Some of you guys think way too hard about it. If I need to go I go. If there are deer out in front of me I generally can hold it. Whizzing in a bottle is further than I care to go.

Same here. That hole is just so dang small! Who like whizz in' on their hands when they miss!
Posted By: Branden

Re: Self Contained - 12/07/14 01:09 AM

Open the door and let it go!!!! Screw that bottle.
Posted By: pprince

Re: Self Contained - 12/07/14 05:02 AM

I had a 3 gallon peanut oil container in my stand at the first of the year. I took my 3 yr old daughter one day and she had to drop the deuce so I cut the top off of it for her. Been draining the main vein out the door since and can't tell but it makes me uncomfortable.
Posted By: Lil Joe

Re: Self Contained - 12/07/14 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Branden

Then you get it on your hands when you climb down don't you? roflmao
I have made mock scrapes and peed in them and the deer started using them
Posted By: Branden

Re: Self Contained - 12/07/14 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Joel c

Then you get it on your hands when you climb down don't you? roflmao
I have made mock scrapes and peed in them and the deer started using them
no I've got a balcony ladder goes the other way
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Self Contained - 12/07/14 12:18 PM

This.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum