Texas Hunting Forum

Mid Season Adjustments

Posted By: DHS274

Mid Season Adjustments - 12/02/14 02:59 PM

Its that time to make mid-season adjustments if necessary. Deer at my place in East Texas are 99.9% nocturnal, only movement I have seen is at sunset

Mine include;

- Moved my tree stand down in the woods from 2 O'clock to 10 O'clock, deer coming out at sunset are moving far to my left, need to save myself from another neck surgery.

- Add some fresh pine and cedar limbs on tree stand to offset the change in back drop and get my profile to blend more since most of the leaves have dropped, also like the scent they add in the air.

- May have to move a tripod stand in a small clearing along the tree line, deer have decided entering the clearing from directly behind the stand is a good idea. They are only passing through at night, so no urgency on this change.

Can't do much to get the deer out during shooting hours, that's my real issue this season, just try to more still than ever before and hope a mature one changes up or makes a mistake.
Posted By: Cobbler

Re: Mid Season Adjustments - 12/02/14 03:06 PM

My motto: If they won't come to me, I'll go to them. I'm focusing on known bedding areas.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Mid Season Adjustments - 12/02/14 03:36 PM

Use a pop up and hunt other areas.
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Mid Season Adjustments - 12/02/14 05:37 PM

I have a lightweight portable tripod that I use when I think it's time to mix things up. Come late December I also do some still hunting and rattling.
Posted By: krazy kris

Re: Mid Season Adjustments - 12/02/14 06:39 PM

Moon phases seem to be the only thing that will make the deer at my place show up durring the day time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum