Texas Hunting Forum

Not in my stand!!

Posted By: SWtexashunter

Not in my stand!! - 11/30/14 04:46 PM

3 weeks ago we left our cameras out in hope of getting some sort of buck action! So far we have nothing but does a spikes! We are missing some key pre-rut action. Are yall in South Texas getting any big bucks yet?
Posted By: Erich

Re: Not in my stand!! - 12/01/14 07:18 PM

we hunt east of Hebbronville. the deer movement has been spotty. its been warm and very windy. they days where its been cooler and calmer we've seen better deer movement. seeing as many as 10-15.

we are low fence. good deer density. managed as much as low fence property can be.

we've not seen any big bucks yet. they are there. we've seen and harvested them before. just not this year yet. two or three upper end 8pts is the best so far. seeing lots of does.

we've shot 3 spikes and 1 doe so far.

ironically....the hogs aren't even moving. usually we'd be cussing the hogs as the show up and crash our early season hunts. forced to disrupt otherwise quiet stands by shooting hogs. we've seen and shot only one hog so far. they are definitely still around....just not coming to the stands.

our pasture is green though. food plot is green. animals have lots to eat. need some cold weather and some rut action. real good rut activity is probably just barely getting started....and really 2-3wks away from the hot action.
Posted By: banderabound

Re: Not in my stand!! - 12/01/14 08:14 PM

On Saturday I got pics of two new mature bucks and 4 or 5 2.5 y/o 8s. Up until Thanksgiving I had seen nothing but does, little baby bucks, and a couple of spikes. It's starting to happen…in Bandera, anyway.
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: Not in my stand!! - 12/01/14 09:55 PM

Sounds just like our place in eastern Duval County (10 miles south of San Diego). No movement from either deer or pigs. We've only shot one pig. They are coming out on the cams at night, but nowhere to be seen in the day.

Re: Not in my stand!! - 12/02/14 01:34 AM

what feed do you use?

Re: Not in my stand!! - 12/02/14 01:53 AM

Places up north seem to be pumpin' whats up with the south? Its just all the factors that go in.

Re: Not in my stand!! - 12/02/14 03:10 AM

Please let me know who is having success and where?!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum