Texas Hunting Forum

Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew

Posted By: lthomas132

Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 11:25 AM

I found out late last night that my cousin Larry Kelm died tragically yesterday while hunting in Laredo. Apparently he was hunting in the storms and lighting struck his tower stand. He fell out of the tower and his son found him at the bottom.

Larry was an outstanding linebacker for Texas A&M in the mid 80s and played 7 or 8 years in the NFL.

Send a prayer up for his family if you don't mind and please be careful in stormy weather.

[url=http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/11/former-wrecking-crew-linebacker-larry-kelm-passes-away-in-hunting-accident/#28695101=0][/url]
Posted By: Western

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 01:15 PM

That is very tragic, prayers up and condolences to the family.
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 01:19 PM

His son is a member here.

Terrible deal. Prayers up for the family.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 01:20 PM

Very sad. Prayers up for the family. Will make me rethink hunting in the rain in a tower stand.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
That is very tragic, prayers up and condolences to the family.
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:05 PM

Sad deal, prayers for the family
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:06 PM

My understanding is that he was hunting from a windmill stand. Word of caution in all types of blinds. Prayers for the family.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:06 PM

sad deal, condolences to his family & friends
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:14 PM

Prayers be with you.
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:19 PM

Wow, what a terrible deal. Thoughts and prayers for the family.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:20 PM

Prayers sent to family and friends.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:21 PM

Sad news. God bless Larry's family.

I'll learn from this accident and tell others. Hopefully if enough people learn from this and share it, someone and their family might be spared this type of tragedy.
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Payne
sad deal, condolences to his family & friends
Posted By: tdwchoctaw

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
Sad news. God bless Larry's family.

I'll learn from this accident and tell others. Hopefully if enough people learn from this and share it, someone and their family might be spared this type of tragedy.

Yes Sir! Me too...Sorry for your loss. I also will share this.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 03:31 PM

Very sad deal. Prayers to the family.
Posted By: MUZZBUZZ

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 03:32 PM

PRAYING
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 03:54 PM

Holy cow! My dad taught him in high school. I actually got to see him play once. Prayers for the family.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 05:18 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 05:24 PM

Condolences
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 05:54 PM

10-4 on dangers of lightening. Everyone thinks it will never happen to them. Sad way to lose anyone, friend or family.

Prayers for all. Heard he was well liked by everyone who knew him. One of the "good guys".
Posted By: song dog down

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 08:40 PM

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for the family.

RIP Ag..
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 08:49 PM

Horrible Deal
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Horrible Deal
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 09:56 PM

Prayers sent!
Life is fragile, and just shows how fast things can go bad just doing what you love to do!
Posted By: Harley7892

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 10:01 PM

Prayers for the family
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/25/14 11:37 PM

Prayers for the family.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 12:52 AM

Prayers for the family.
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 12:58 AM

Very sad deal.. Thoughts and prayers for the family.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 12:58 AM

Prayers for the family!
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 01:40 AM

Heard about this a couple of days ago, but was initially told he had fallen from a windmill. Struck by lightning in a tower stand is awful. So sorry for your loss. Larry dated a friend of mine when they were in college. Helluva linebacker. "Here" for my Aggie brother.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 02:14 AM

His family will be in my nightly prayers.
Posted By: Check1

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 04:28 AM

Here.

Gig 'em, Larry. Prayers of comfort for you family and friends.

Class of '92
Posted By: Twotoes

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 02:15 PM

I had an aluminum tripod stand hit by lightning once (I wasn't in it). The obvious force of the lightning was amazing, melted the seat mounts and the gun rest and knocked the 12 foot stand down. Bigger trees were all around. I'll never sit in a metal blind again.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/26/14 02:21 PM

Thoughts and prayers for the family during a time that would otherwise be enjoyed with holiday cheer.
Posted By: pprince

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/27/14 01:27 AM

Very sorry to hear about this, sad story.
Posted By: tex70

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/27/14 05:23 AM

Prayers sent
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Larry Kelm dies in a hunting accident - One of the original A&M Wrecking Crew - 11/27/14 03:20 PM

That is tragic. Prayers to the family and friends.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum