Texas Hunting Forum

understanding how to draw bucks in with a call

Posted By: rollnss

understanding how to draw bucks in with a call - 11/25/14 01:14 AM

i have the extinguisher deer call by illusions. it seem to work great on young bucks and im not sure if im using the right call at right time. on huge bucks, is there a freaking deer call language dvd i can buy. Every year im learning more and more.
Posted By: doublez

Re: understanding how to draw bucks in with a call - 11/25/14 01:23 AM

I have basically the same question. Today I heard two deep rumbling grunts off in the brush. They lasted a couple of seconds each, and immediately after I heard a grunt answer from the opposite direction. I decided to try and grunt back, I used a mature buck grunt and had no interest. I couldn't get either deer to step out. Would it have been better to use a doe grunt or bleat in that situation?
Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: understanding how to draw bucks in with a call - 11/25/14 03:13 AM

My son called in a buck using the Primos deer bleat can.. I told him just to play with it any way he wanted to. He figured out that you can blow through the hole you are supposed to put your finger over and it will produce long, drawn out, dying deer sounds.. Apparently the buck liked what he heard because he came in to see what it was. The buck actually grunted when he came in. Maybe he was just letting his girly know he had arrived for his lovin'.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: understanding how to draw bucks in with a call - 11/25/14 03:18 AM

I call in the does with a road feeder full of corn. The bucks follow them right in. grin Try rattling using a grunt call along with it. Also try a snort wheze call for older more dominant bucks. That is about as aggressive "I'm in your space" call to a dominant buck as you can get.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: understanding how to draw bucks in with a call - 11/25/14 09:45 AM

Rattle and snort wheeze, grunts are good but usually wont put one in your lap like a snort wheeze.
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: understanding how to draw bucks in with a call - 11/25/14 02:33 PM

It's exciting when it works.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: understanding how to draw bucks in with a call - 11/25/14 05:26 PM

Yeah but are you pushing them off when it doesn't? I have a lot of brush and smallish shooting areas so I can't see the results unless they happen to rush out in the open which is very seldom.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum