Texas Hunting Forum

Question

Posted By: doublez

Question - 11/24/14 09:17 PM

I got onto a new property about two weeks ago, it is about 15 miles west of Robert Lee, and hasn't been hunted since the mid 90s. I put up a popup blind, feeder and a camera and I've been covered in does and young bucks since pretty much day one. I have another property closer to Robert Lee that I have hunted for the past three years, and on that place I have seen the bucks chasing and their hocks are all black. Out on this new place the bucks are still paired up, their necks aren't swollen, hocks aren't black. I guess my question is, is it possible that the deer on the new place are that far away from the rut, or has it already happened?

Here are a couple of pictures of the better young guys that have been showing up. Needless to say for the first two weeks that I have been out here, I am pretty excited about the possibilities.

Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Question - 11/24/14 09:26 PM

It could've the ratios are so out of whack the Bucks don't need to be doing much in the way of rut activities and just get to
Breed at will??

I know some places just an hour away can have rut activity that is three/four weeks later, but not sure about where you hunt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum