Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........

Posted By: Troy Cotten

Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........ - 11/20/14 02:25 PM

No more
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........ - 11/20/14 05:43 PM

The older I get the less I know. I would say it's over at our place in upshur county but just getting into full swing in red river county. This makes no sense to me in general since red river is north of upshur. Wish I could be of more help.

Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: pprince

Re: Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........ - 11/20/14 11:52 PM

I hope not.I hunt in Bowie county but havnt seen a lot of activity yet.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........ - 11/21/14 01:48 AM

bucks still chasing in Rains county.
Posted By: DHS274

Re: Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........ - 11/21/14 01:49 AM

A buck will pair up with a doe and they both will stay in thicker woods during the mating, call it privacy. When a buck starts looking for another doe he starts the routine all over again. While the frenzy seems to end the rut can continue as long there are does in heat, younger does may not come into heat until later in the year, I have seen late season mating on my land and witnessed the late summer spotted fawns as proof it worked.
Posted By: 01Z-71

Re: Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........ - 11/21/14 10:09 PM

DHS274,I have seen the same thing, some call it the second rut in east Texas. Late Nov.-early Dec. I have a 3 yr. old 8-point on the wall that I took while he was chasing a couple does around the second week in Dec. 2011, down in the Sabine National Forest (north end). This would be a good year for that to happen, opener of gun seemed to be slow like late Sept.
Posted By: DHS274

Re: Hunting this Morning in Woodville Tx. Is the rut over in East Tx, I'm sure it is. Anybody?........ - 11/28/14 12:53 AM

Last Sunday evening and Monday AM bucks were trailing on does heavy at my land in far east Texas. Young buck was 25 yards from my stand, grunted at three does and they ran off, felt bad for the young'in. I wont in few years when he a shooter. Next morning I got a photo of mature 8 point, he was 100 yards from my stand but the woods are thick,he never saw me, and I never saw him, he was trailing two does that has passed through about 1:00 AM.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum