Texas Hunting Forum

Medina County Report?

Posted By: Antler Addicts

Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 07:36 AM

What is the deer activity for y'all? Any signs of rut?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Antler Addicts
What is the deer activity for y'all? Any signs of rut?

Thanksgiving week or shortly after!
Posted By: bow-man

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 05:33 PM

Antler Addicts,
Jimbo is right about the week after Thanksgiving ... a lot of good deer have already been shot around Devine area. I heard a really nice deer was shot in Poteet yesterday (Atascosa) but at our place just right over the Frio County line outside of Devine it is not hot and heavy yet, but I think it is close. I have lived in Medina County all my life and you can nearly just count on the week after thanksgiving being really good. I would come in on Thanksgiving Day and hunt a week straight if you have time off. That should put you in a pretty good spot and give you the best chance to get a good buck.

GOOD LUCK up

upload pics if you get a good Medina County Buck!
Posted By: 909ag2006

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 06:58 PM

I hunted at my place 5 miles north of Hondo last weekend, and killed the buck below. The deer were moving, but not chasing yet. Thanksgiving usually kicks off the rut in Medina County.

The second deer below is the one bow-man mentioned that was shot around Poteet in Atascosa County. I doubt they're rutting in Atascosa county either. Typically start there the week after Thanksgiving.

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 07:07 PM

That's some nice looking deer, congrats.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 07:12 PM

I used to live 15 miles north of Hondo and the rut was going pretty strong the week before Thanksgiving and into first week of Dec.

That Atascosa County bucks grossed 224 6/8" and was killed on a 300 acres LF place outside of Poteet.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I used to live 15 miles north of Hondo and the rut was going pretty strong the week before Thanksgiving and into first week of Dec.

That Atascosa County bucks grossed 224 6/8" and was killed on a 300 acres LF place outside of Poteet.

Great deer!
He killed that buck at the perfect time. They get busted up pretty good once the rut has kicked in full swing.
Posted By: Parttime

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 09:06 PM

Wow that is a beast! Great deer for a small LF place.
Posted By: Weegs

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/20/14 09:09 PM

cheers
Posted By: Antler Addicts

Re: Medina County Report? - 11/21/14 03:49 AM

Awesome bucks! Thanks guys appreciate the info! I will be in my stand in AM will let y'all know what activity I see.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum