Texas Hunting Forum

Tribute To A Late Great Deer Hunter, First Down At Kickapoo ...

Posted By: JDPoulsen

Tribute To A Late Great Deer Hunter, First Down At Kickapoo ... - 11/20/14 01:47 AM

One of my college roommates is a very talented artist. I recently hired him to do a computer aided "painting" of my late father in law with the first buck he killed on the family farm in East TX back in November of 1978. He shot this big buck at over 100 yards with his brand new Marlin Lever Action 30-30 with Iron Sights. That deer stand was an old Outhouse that was behind a depot on the Southern Pacific Railroad. We hunted together many years in East and West TX and we made one trip together down to the Hill Country. "Sparky" was an Electrician and a great guy and a great deer hunter. He taught me how to deer hunt and I will be forever grateful. RIP Sparky.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Tribute To A Late Great Deer Hunter, First Down At Kickapoo ... - 11/20/14 02:00 AM

RIP Sparky cheers Great tribute.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Tribute To A Late Great Deer Hunter, First Down At Kickapoo ... - 11/20/14 02:22 AM

Really great pic
Posted By: Western

Re: Tribute To A Late Great Deer Hunter, First Down At Kickapoo ... - 11/20/14 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
RIP Sparky cheers Great tribute.

Neat painting
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Tribute To A Late Great Deer Hunter, First Down At Kickapoo ... - 11/20/14 02:57 AM

Great post
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum