Texas Hunting Forum

Same buck as four years ago?

Posted By: Apretz

Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 05:43 PM

I have this buck ive been after for the past 3 seasons now and after looking through some old pictures i found a buck that matches up with age and has the same dime size cut out of his left ear. The only reason im on the fence about it is because there really aren't any rack similarities. I have pictures of this buck from seasons '12, '13, '14 and the pictures i was thinking might be him are from '10.

Here he is in 2012 at 5.5:

2013:

2014:

2014 again

So in those pics above you can see the cut out of his left ear in all the pics.
Here is the buck from 2010 age 3.5:

Alright that's all, let me know what you think.
Posted By: KCH

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 05:51 PM

Good chance its the same dude...I think he needs a lead sammich or a razor through the lungs!

Nice animal!
Posted By: bow-man

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 05:55 PM

I bet its the same deer...Looks like the ear notch is in the exact location. Looks like a shooter. up
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 05:55 PM

I don't think so...
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
I don't think so...

me either
Posted By: sunsetroosters

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:00 PM

id shoot that 10, thats all i know

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:11 PM

Oh I've been trying relentlessly to get this buck since 2012. Fortunately he's gotten better and better each season. But I know age is catching up with him and he needs to go this season.
Posted By: Kenneth1977

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:11 PM

I dont think it the same one , a lot of bucks get those so i wouldn't think it would be out of the ordinary for more than one to have that same cut on his ear.
Posted By: KCH

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Apretz
Oh I've been trying relentlessly to get this buck since 2012. Fortunately he's gotten better and better each season. But I know age is catching up with him and he needs to go this season.

Good luck! He's a wide boy for sure!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:26 PM

Could very well be him in top 3-4 pics not the bottom ones though. Id also call the deer in the first pic a 3yr old imo

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:29 PM

I've have a lot of sleepless nights over this buck. Every year I've seen him once a season almost just as a teaser and to keep me interested. Then he turns Into a ghost mid season, but I still end up hunting him hard. Then right when I start to back off he will be at the camera for an hour and half, never fails. So hopefully this year is the year, I actually saw him last weeknd busting it after a doe but couldn't get him to stop. I might need some therapy if I don't get him this year....

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:30 PM

Good luck to you!
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:31 PM

I don't think the 2010 buck is the same, and I think the pictures from this year show the buck at 5.5-6.5
Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:40 PM

I don't think so...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Mambajeep
I don't think so...

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Could very well be him in top 3-4 pics not the bottom ones though. Id also call the deer in the first pic a 3yr old imo

Wow I guess I dont really see him as a 3 yo that year, what makes you think he is? heres another pic

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 06:56 PM

Pretty thinned up in all his lines for an October deer... especially the first pic in November.. granted there wasn't much water that year too but he still isn't showing what your other 4-5 yr old deer are like in the 2-4 pics. Just going off pics though but that's what I see

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Pretty thinned up in all his lines for an October deer... especially the first pic in November.. granted there wasn't much water that year too but he still isn't showing what your other 4-5 yr old deer are like in the 2-4 pics. Just going off pics though but that's what I see

Here's a thread from last year:
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4719775/Re:_West_texas_age/score?#Post4719775

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 07:15 PM

cheers 3-4yr old grin

I remember the pics of the 2nd buck in this thread.. heavy set sucker
Posted By: Wreckem04

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 07:16 PM

dont think its the same deer... i've never seen a rack change that much in the course of 2 years...
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 07:21 PM

Yep, same buck.
Posted By: traviselmore

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 07:35 PM

Same buck for sure. Same notch in the ear, and same light double throat patch.

Re: Same buck as four years ago? - 11/19/14 07:36 PM

Cool guys, thanks for the input. I'll let you his age when I drop him this weekend rifle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum