Texas Hunting Forum

One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had.

Posted By: cameron00

One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 10:38 PM

Had today off, so picked a buddy up and took to the woods.

When the sun came up, I had 10 does and a couple of spikes in the field in front of me. But that's not what was interesting.
I shot one of the spikes and dropped him. Also not what was interesting.
Saw an absolute monster buck from about 400 yards on the neighbor's land. While interesting, it wasn't the most interesting thing.
My buddy shot a limit of beautiful wood ducks. Not the most interesting thing that happened.

Around 9:30 a.m., we drove to the gas station that's about a mile away to get ice to ice down the meat from the spike. As we pull back onto the shared ROW I use to access my land, I notice a white GMC truck parked almost blocking the road a ways up. Thinking it must be the cops or the game warden (I know their trucks are green), I drive up to talk to them. Then I notice they have pimped out rims and there's no way it's a cop or warden. Now I'm concerned it's a poacher. I pull up to see if there's anyone driving the truck, and sure enough, there isn't. I pull up right in front of the truck and park mine so they can't drive away and I start making a call for the guy who owns that place. No one should be back there.

"Dude, they're ***expletive***ing! Keep going, they're going to town!" My buddy is crying he's laughing so hard.

I look over and have somehow missed as we pulled up a young lady playing bedroom rodeo in the back seat on some dude. Like, really, really aggressively.

Started laughing my butt off, guy sees me, panics, they start scrambling. I slowly roll down the road so they can leave.

They're gone 10 seconds later in a screech of tires and cloud of dust.

Definitely was not expecting that.

Anyhow, shot a spike.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 10:43 PM

Thats funny! Never have I ever rolled up on that, and I am not sure I would have been so kind to them, but maybe if they were kids...adults, not so much, especially if they were trespassing. I wouldn't have done anything nasty to them, but maybe acted like I was videoing or something with my phone just to hack at them.

Of course I would have had to explain that one ot the wife as my son or daughters would have been in the car too, and possibly a nephew...would be hard to explain that one away... hammer
Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 10:44 PM

banana
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 10:54 PM

50 cents says they're each married to someone else.

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 11:00 PM

Our first thought was that they were clearly not able to do that in their home, so they weren't married.

Either kids or an affair. It was a pretty expensive truck, so I think kids is unlikely.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 11:12 PM

And you guys keep saying the rut's not on yet!
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 11:29 PM

worthless
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 11:32 PM

LMAO!!

Dollar says they're high school kids.
Posted By: Western

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 11:33 PM

Sorry Cam, didn't realize it was a private road bolt
Posted By: TxsHunter99

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/11/14 11:46 PM

Grosvenor is on to something
Posted By: AggieHunter2014

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:01 AM

haha i've pulled up on that same situation at our gate one night
Posted By: txshntr

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:06 AM

rofl
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:30 AM

roflmao My cousin had the something similar happen about 3 weeks ago on my place in Live Oak County. Only it was in the driveway of the old farm house. Some young skinny dude had a huge gal in white dress the looked more like a pup tent on the tailgate. Said they went to scrambling for cover when he pulled up behind them. rofl
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:48 AM

happy3
Posted By: esnow74

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:49 AM

I have seen this quite a few times. The first was in the HS parking lot way back when I was in school, then I saw it in the parking lot of The Ballpark in Arlington, once on an undeveloped neighborhood road and once when I was eating my lunch in the truck and a suv pulled up next to me in a brookshires parking lot and got in the back to get after it, I guess they didn't notice me sitting there eating a burger and watching the show.
Posted By: passthru

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 01:02 AM

That was worth reading. clap
Posted By: Seadog

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

rofl
Posted By: Loanman

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 11:09 AM

They were in Rut.
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:02 PM

You should have ripped off the license plate and gone about your business.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:19 PM

Hope you got her #.
Posted By: kry226

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 12:31 PM

They're just getting their woot on... grin
Posted By: outdoorsmen54

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 01:25 PM

We have a separate driveway going to the cattle pens on our property. Well one night I was sitting on the front porch listening to all that the country has to offer. I seen some headlights going down to the cattle pens so I grabbed my shoes and four wheeler key and headed down there. Took me a minute but I got there to find two girls going at it. Took them a couple minutes to even realize there really was headlights shining through their windshield on them.

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 01:36 PM

Well I certainly hope you gave those two girls a stern talking to and the keys to the gate!
Posted By: catslayer

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: outdoorsmen54
We have a separate driveway going to the cattle pens on our property. Well one night I was sitting on the front porch listening to all that the country has to offer. I seen some headlights going down to the cattle pens so I grabbed my shoes and four wheeler key and headed down there. Took me a minute but I got there to find two girls going at it. Took them a couple minutes to even realize there really was headlights shining through their windshield on them.

sooo the obvious question... were they hot?

and ps they only reason ANY of you think its funny is cause at least half of you have been on the other side of this particular situation lol
Posted By: Gangly

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: catslayer

and ps they only reason ANY of you think its funny is cause at least half of you have been on the other side of this particular situation lol

Absolutely not!

I've always stepped out and done it in the open smile

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Gangly
Originally Posted By: catslayer

Absolutely not!

I've always stepped out and done it in the open smile

COFFEE THORUGH MY NOSE LOL rofl
Posted By: Troutfisch

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Ha, those 2-legged deer rut year round!
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
50 cents says they're each married to someone else.

Yup
Posted By: Weegs

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 05:10 PM

all you need to do is get them to do it on your buddies TC! How about them White Tail Dear!
Posted By: outdoorsmen54

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 06:12 PM

Wasn't hot. If they were I would've give em a key to the house not the gate.
Posted By: TriggerFinger33

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 06:12 PM

banana This has got to be one of the funniest stories I've heard on here. The even more funny thing is that this same situation has probably happened to all of us when we were in our prime.

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 07:54 PM

...bump so maybe a funny thread doesn't die? lol
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 08:25 PM

That's some funny stuff right there. grin
Posted By: Check1

Re: One of the more "interesting" mornings in the woods I've had. - 11/12/14 08:29 PM

So Cam nailed a spike and that dude nailed a doe.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum