Texas Hunting Forum

Rains County???

Posted By: BadLander

Rains County??? - 11/10/14 05:51 PM

I'm off 779/Alba small 75 acre plot ! Lots of sign and acorns out the anus! Prolly seen 30 deer in 3 hunts! Only 1 shooter of course he was chasing a doe and saw him for 10 seconds max! Corn is growing under feeders! Thinking chance of big deer is around turkey day !
Anyone familiar with Rains county?
Posted By: Curly

Re: Rains County??? - 11/10/14 05:53 PM

The rut is usually full on Thanksgiving week on our lease in Wood County right next door.

Re: Rains County??? - 11/10/14 06:22 PM

Thank you curly! Hopefully Rain/freeze= loss of acorns
Posted By: Curly

Re: Rains County??? - 11/10/14 07:24 PM

But then again:

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...is_#Post5410430

Re: Rains County??? - 11/11/14 12:35 AM

I've seen a couple bucks chasing but nothing of that sort!
Nose to the ground and few grunts but! Nothing crazy I rattled Sunday morning to no avail! And game cams are covered up with does can wait till thanksgiving to give a few a dirt nap! The doe I shot on bow opener has been gettin cooked up!
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Rains County??? - 11/11/14 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Curly
The rut is usually full on Thanksgiving week on our lease in Wood County right next door.

What he said.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Rains County??? - 11/11/14 01:23 AM

Im on the south end of Rains county. Have had bucks chasing for the last week and today they have been going nuts. Running with mouths open, slobbering everywhere, running those poor doe ragged. Saw 5 different bucks this morning. I grunted in a few of them with doe bleat followed by two short young buck grunts. They were still going crazy this evening even though it was really warm and windy as heck. Nothing is touching the feeders.

Re: Rains County??? - 11/11/14 03:14 AM

Ill get back out there this weekend "
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum