Texas Hunting Forum

AAAh Opening Monring!!~

Posted By: Texmel

AAAh Opening Monring!!~ - 11/08/14 10:00 PM

There I was enjoying the solitude of Opening Morning at 0613 Hrs of Texas Whitetail Season in Brown County. First shot fired, sounded like a rifle. About 5 minutes later heard a pistol shot. Guess that was the killing shot. Everything goes quite for about 15 minutes and the "Pray and Spray" guys open up. First shot was followed by a continuos blast of rounds. That hunter certainly had to kill something. Possibly something other than a deer. Now the rest of the hunters with automatic rifles joind in for the next 30 minutes. By about 0650 hrs the guns went quiet. That lasted for the rest of the morning. I wondered if the guys ran out of ammo?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: AAAh Opening Monring!!~ - 11/08/14 10:07 PM

You're either an hour or a week off....
Posted By: Texmel

Re: AAAh Opening Monring!!~ - 11/09/14 06:07 PM

Yep,it was Opening Day of Texas Deer Rifle Season. Was out there for 8 days. Thought shooting light was 30 min before sunrise. I posted this after return from 1st outing. Sorry for your confusion. Guess I need to go into greater detail to avoid confusion.
Posted By: Western

Re: AAAh Opening Monring!!~ - 11/09/14 07:09 PM

I got what you meant from your thread title, figured it was either the "Official" opening day, or the actual day you got to start, either way..........
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum