Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent?

Posted By: Gone to Texas

Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 03:06 PM

Fixing to try some this weekend. I have heard Code Blue is one of the best.

Anyone have experience using doe urine?
Posted By: rockinrdranch

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 04:13 PM

I have had "some" success with golden estrus.
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors1

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 04:19 PM

I had 2 nice bucks come in yesterday morning with code red hanging under my feeder. They ran circles sniffing looking for a doe. They didn't stick around long but more than long enough for a shot. I passed on both. But one was a shooter. Still early in season. Neither buck liked the grunt call yet. I will be trying code blue at my other ranch this weekend.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 04:21 PM

No
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 07:40 PM

I have never had success with scents of any kind
Posted By: Kenneth1977

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 07:43 PM

What are you going to use it on ? You going to the club roflmao
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Kenneth1977
What are you going to use it on ? You going to the club roflmao

Hah, I don't think drawing in "bucks" in the club is my cup of tea, I don't swing that way.

up
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 08:31 PM

My buddy got his first buck this past weekend.

We had moved the feeder about 2 months ago because of the prevailing winds. He had some deer coming in before, but after we moved it, the activity slowed down drastically.

He hunted Saturday morning and didnt see a thing. When there was enough light, he could see corn was piled up underneath the feeder.

Checked the cams and he had a doe come in here and there, a couple pigs, and that was it.

That afternoon I told him to hang up a scent wick with code blue Doe in Estrus. He wasnt in the blind for an hour and a nice 8 came cruising in from upwind with his nose up.

Dirtnapped him right there. Shoulda seen him, he was like a kid on christmas day when he came back into camp.

I've never had that much luck with the scent stuff. But after knowing everything about that spot before he hung the Code Blue up, I am definitely sold now.
Posted By: bow-man

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 09:21 PM

I have not had a lot of success at attracting deer with it.
But while bow hunting over the years it seems to be a very good natural smell that helps to keep your scent down. I think I have had deer get closer while using it just because they had a harder time detecting my scent. I think it helps while bow hunting at close distances or when the wind is kind of swirling around you.
Posted By: Western

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 10:17 PM

I have often wondered about the 1000's of gallons of "estrus p" sitting on the shelves and would like to know where the hell they get all of it in a span of less than 2 days.. Dont see how it is possible, at least as advertised. confused2
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 10:24 PM

Never had any luck with any scents or attractants. When I did use them it seemed my activity would fall off for the next couple of days. I don't bother with them anymore.
Posted By: gunnut81

Re: Anyone use Doe in Estrus Scent? - 11/07/14 11:23 PM

I put out some VS1 liquid opening evening only because I saw so many bucks chasing so hard but I usually don't use any estrus until around the 15th but I left the wicks out over night the next morning my cousin shot his 1st buck at that same stand he was very close to the scent wicks and the next evening my other cousin shot a decent 10pt there. I haven't used any estrus since we decided it was a false rut (very strong pre rut action due to the cold weather being the 1st cold snap so close to actual rutting time) so I'm saving the rest of my liquid VS1 until the true rut starts since its 40$ for a 1 ounce bottle and that activity had died down so much.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum