Texas Hunting Forum

New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley)

Posted By: RickL.

New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/06/14 01:42 PM

Got on a new lease late this year. Put the feeders out about a week before opening day of rifle season. So still some time needed for deer to get used to them because I did not see one deer on opening day. There are plenty of tracks throughout the property just not any where near the feeders.

Just wanting to know if anyone knows what I should expect out in this area? I am about 20 minutes east of Noodle and I hear plenty of good things about the deer in that area.
Posted By: Fishercounty

Re: New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/06/14 01:55 PM

Do you have shinery and oaks on your place?

Re: New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/06/14 02:10 PM

Not very many mainly a lot of mesquite throughout the entire place.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/06/14 02:24 PM

welcome
Posted By: longgunner

Re: New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/11/14 03:09 PM

we are about 20 miles to the west of you. That is a good area, recommend patience, and they will come. Lots of hogs in that area also, so you should get to shoot something soon.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/11/14 03:25 PM

welcome
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/11/14 03:32 PM

Good to have ya I'm down south of you in Callahan county. This front should get things really moving. Week before Thanksgiving and week of should be good!

Re: New Lease in Jones County, TX (Near Hawley) - 11/11/14 04:08 PM

With this cold front that came in we are going to head out there this weekend and hope to see that they have been moving. I have a trail cam set up so if I get any good pics I will be sure and post them up. Or if we bag a good buck I will for sure post up the pics.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum