Texas Hunting Forum

Help with new Knife...Thanks

Posted By: graybow77

Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 02:08 AM

I am looking for a new knife for skinning deer and hogs..looking for best bang for my buck....thanks in advance

mike
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 02:16 AM

Outdoor edge
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Jkd106
Outdoor edge

This in the Swing Blade for me.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 02:22 AM

Havalon Piranta or Baracuda
Posted By: centxshooter

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 02:24 AM

F Dick knives are used in the industry everyday and I love my set. Great quality and holds a great edge.
http://www.125west.com/c-155-butcher.aspx
Posted By: foodieguy

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 03:26 AM

i just picked up a gerber vital. Replaceable blades. It's small and always sharp. Blades seem easier to change than the havalon. Have yet to actually use it yet, hopefully this weekend!
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 03:30 AM

GrayBow there are a lot of guys that make great knives on this site. Look around to see if you can find someone in your area that makes knives. I did, got one that skinned a doe this weekend and one for the wife in the kitchen. it will last a lifetime.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 03:41 AM

Dexter Russel, pick your blade. The "utility" works great.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 03:43 AM

Outdoor Edge is a low cost solution. I have a set that was 50.00 that works pretty well.

I would recommend using the search feature and looking at the custom knives offered by members here. They are worth the extra money and last you a lifetime.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 05:57 AM

Find an old Schrade or Buck knife. up
Posted By: HighTechRedneck

Re: Help with new Knife...Thanks - 11/06/14 10:51 AM

Cutco! I picked up one at a boat show I was working in Dallas a couple of years ago. Cleaned 14 deer 2 pigs and 2 turkeys before I had to have it resharpened. I got the double D, looks like a serrated blade but the drop downs are actually blade protectors to keep from dulling your blade when hitting bone. I have bought and used a lot of knives in my 30 plus years of hunting and cutco is all I will ever carry again. When its time to resharpen either find a rep in your area or mail it in and they resharpen for free. Thinking about getting the regular hunting blade so I can hit it with a sharpening stick if I need to. www.cutcotom.com
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum