Texas Hunting Forum

Same Deer????

Posted By: Ricochet83

Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 05:40 PM

I feel i am looking at the same deer in these 4 pics if not than i have 2 7 points with only one brow tine. With the single brow tine would that make this guy or these guys good candidates for culling. Opinions welcome. Thanks.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 05:44 PM

Looks like same buck to me

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 05:48 PM

Yeah i think so 2 the second picture was the one i was questioning but i am thinking it was the angle of the head cause he appears to have a bigger rack but i think they are all the same. Now would you say he is over 3.5? and would the single brow tine cullify him if you will.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 05:53 PM

I'm thinking he is only 2.5 myself based on pics
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 06:10 PM

I could go with 3.5 and I would think the cullifying would depend a lot on what the rest of your deer look like. On a low fence property I don't think I would consider that a cul.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 06:29 PM

Looks like one buck in all those pics. Without any history from last year I would probably wait on him since the right side of his rack looks so much smaller than the left. I would guess some sort of injury or he shed that antler much later in the spring than the other side. He looks like 3 yr old and it could be that was he is just very small bodied for his age class.

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 06:56 PM

good info guys thanks alot he will get a pass. I am starting to see better and better deer pop up on cams each week so i am extremely optimistic.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 06:57 PM

It will change after Thanksgiving with more mature deer moving.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
It will change after Thanksgiving with more mature deer moving.

Re: Same Deer???? - 11/05/14 07:31 PM

yeah plus everything is so green they dont really have the need to hit the feeders just yet. But like i said the deer quality as far as the bucks go keeps getting better and better each week and they are all young so the future is bright.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum