Texas Hunting Forum

The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest

Posted By: Texas Dan

The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 04:14 PM

I watched a young 10-point walk past me on opening morning while hunting the National Forest. He looked to be a three year old and carried a wide spread for his age, making him a poster child for bucks shot before their time. I would say his spread was at least 16 inches or maybe even greater, but with tines, smaller mass, and long legs that gave away his immaturity.

Hope he makes it through the season. He should be an excellent deer next season if he does.
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 04:16 PM

saw this guy 2 times for a second!! made me a nervous wreck..

and this tall 8 once..

Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 04:20 PM

Let an up amd comer 6X6 walk.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 04:24 PM

Wish I had a picture, but they didn't hang around long enough. Had a group of 3 8pts walk though late morning biggest was getting close to 130 or so and the other two were nearly twins in the hi teens or so. They nosed around the feeder for a sec and took off. Seemed like they were all up in each others business following each other around I suspect they will be splitting out of bachelor groups soon.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 04:26 PM

All of them cry I am out of 13" or better tags for this county crying
Posted By: rifleman

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 04:33 PM

4yo 10

Posted By: nochance4win

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 05:12 PM

Great looking deer
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 05:15 PM

man some nice deer here!
Posted By: jcneef

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 05:16 PM

This guy stepped out but looking for something a little better. This is the only picture of him I have on my computer.

Posted By: ChrisB

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 05:20 PM

Got a good pic of this fella at 18 yards out of my pop up on a game trail. Hoping to get my first mature buck with a bow this year.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 05:28 PM

You guys are showing some patience. Couple of those I would have had a hard time passing on
Posted By: deedeetaylor

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 05:38 PM

Man, I'm so jealous. I saw nothing and you guys are seeing nice bucks. Woe is me!
Posted By: Chuck Cox

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 07:31 PM

Here is a video of one I saw. Make sure you watch it in HD cause it was still pretty dark.
http://youtu.be/TPu5JfwEr44?list=UU7d2pyNhNWIXEfWI23_Dyrg
Posted By: Chuck Cox

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 07:35 PM

Thinking this is the same buck that's in the video.
Posted By: JHeflinland

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 09:08 PM

We bumped a pretty good buck off of a road I had corned late Sunday morning. I only got a look at his horns for a split second in my binos as he stood about 75 yards away and we watched from a buggy. He moved forward just as he picked his head up and stood with his head behind a bush for probably 5 minutes. He wasn't a monster, but I did determine he was either middle aged or mature, and had good mass on a set of dark colored horns. He may have been one of the culls I have picked out from game cam pics, but I could never verify. Still got me fired up for the rest of the season!
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 09:30 PM

Let this guy walk. Has a split brow on the right side.

Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: The best deer you saw this past weekend that you didn't harvest - 11/03/14 09:31 PM

Saw a really nice 1 year old 4 point Saturday afternoon. Stuff dreams are made of.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum