Texas Hunting Forum

just got screwed (updates)

Posted By: davvy

just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 07:09 PM

So this is what's happened since my first post.

I contacted a lawyer who offered a consultation. He told me the basic format to use in a letter to the land owner and what I could collect as my property vs what I should change lo for.
After delivering the letter I was contacted by the hunters who got the property saying that they love the blinds I had built and would like to purchase them instead of my removing them. Both feeders and and all of my trail cameras are in my truck along with a written invitation to hunt they're hog lease in wise county for the next 6 months! Before you ask this is approved by the owner of that property. sadly this lease is for predators only so I'm still knocking on doors looking for a place to hunt deer... But
Posted By: davvy

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 07:10 PM

I'm well on my way to restitution
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 07:21 PM

Davvy, smart move on your part, sounds like it's starting to work out after all.
Posted By: frognot

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 07:34 PM

Thanks for the update. Hope it gets worked out to your satisfaction.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 07:49 PM

Nice glad to hear that
Posted By: Seadog

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 08:11 PM

Good deal!!! You are getting something out of the deal without having to go through all the time and expense!!!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 08:13 PM

Good turn of events for you.
Posted By: drakecutter

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 08:17 PM

Good to hear!
Posted By: txshntr

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 08:19 PM

Great turn of events and great choice of actions. As a bonus, the hunters have an idea of the character of the person they are leading from up
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: just got screwed (updates) - 11/02/14 08:42 PM

Classy move by the new hunters. Still don't agree with the LO doing you that way. Still think he is a POS. A man is only as good as his word and his word is worth nothing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum