Texas Hunting Forum

Rick Merritt

Posted By: A.B.

Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:29 PM

Has anybody noticed this guy kills some of the biggest deer in TX every year? Last year he had that huge muley from Gaines cty and this year he has 2 200 inch whitetails in the Big Game Awards?????

Dude is very good or very wealthy.

Posted By: bayourat

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:33 PM

Is he from Weatherford? Was a guy with that name owned the feed store there.

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:34 PM

No idea, but I noticed today that he has a couple of huge (HF) deer again this year.

Posted By: Banger

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:43 PM

Thinking he owns and operates Outback feeders
Most likely in the know and has a few connections when it comes to knowing where the big boys are and has the time and money to do so, more power to him.

Posted By: rkj01

He is from Gilmer TX. He owns OUTBACK FEEDERS I think he gets to hunt quite a bit.

Posted By: ETXbuckman

Originally Posted By: aggiebrahma
No idea, but I noticed today that he has a couple of huge (HF) deer again this year.

Speaking of, last year they specifically stated when a deer was killed under HF conditions but I have not seen that on any of the deer this year. I wonder why...

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:45 PM

He owns Outback Feeders and hunts all over the place. He has taken 3 bucks this yr over 200" gross and 2 mulies so far with one over 180" and another over 200". He has done this now for the last 3 yrs or so. Just likes to hunt and has the means to do it. Nice guy also. Puts his time in finding the ranches that have big deer and hunts them if he can HF or LF it does not matter to him. Kills some great pronghorns also.

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Banger
Thinking he owns and operates Outback feeders
Most likely in the know and has a few connections when it comes to knowing where the big boys are and has the time and money to do so, more power to him.

the deer are in the pen..... peep

JK...........kinda

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
He owns Outback Feeders and hunts all over the place. He has taken 3 bucks this yr over 200" gross and 2 mulies so far with one over 180" and another over 200". He has done this now for the last 3 yrs or so. Just likes to hunt and has the means to do it. Nice guy also. Puts his time in finding the ranches that have big deer and hunts them if he can HF or LF it does not matter to him. Kills some great pronghorns also.

How many 200 inch deer from low fence?

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:49 PM

Does not matter to me but if it does to you call him and I am sure he will tell you. Like I said he is a nice guy. The TBGA site has that info also.

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:50 PM

That guys muley last year had to be low fence and it was unbelieveable!!!! I would crap myself if I saw a 200 inch whitetail in a zoo, so I dont mean to knock the man's accomplishments.

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/12/11 06:51 PM

Does not matter to me but if it does to you call him and I am sure he will tell you. Like I said he is a nice guy. The TBGA site has that info also.

Sounds like a plan.

Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Rick Merritt - 01/13/11 01:20 AM

I will also say that Rick Merritt is a stand up guy. He works very hard so that he can enjoy to hunt just like all of us!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum