Texas Hunting Forum

Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted

Posted By: pharmvet

Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 12/25/17 04:25 PM

Hit a hog 2 days ago in my 2015 Chevy 4x4 long bed double cab 3/4 yon pickup. Front bumper and rt front panel toast. Rather than replace with an OEM bumper, would like to replace with a nice black steel bumper. Maybe diamond plate?? Maybe something that I can later match with a rear bumper. Don’t want some huge cow catcher that will wear out my front end prematurely. Just a good solid modest steel bumper, upgrade from factory. Can you recommend a brand? Thanks!
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 12/25/17 04:29 PM

Do you have parking sensors in your bumpers?
Posted By: pharmvet

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 12/25/17 05:12 PM

No parking sensors.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 12/25/17 06:00 PM

I like mine but, the park sensors don't.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 12/25/17 10:56 PM

I had a Buckstop front and rear bumper on my 2007.5 Silverado D-Max. They ain't cheap.

Here are pictures from their WEB site. They have gone up a lot since I purchased mine 10 years ago.

Posted By: Wytex

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 12/26/17 01:09 AM

Don't buy a Renegade, my grill guard started shedding it powder coat about 3 years after it was installed.
Posted By: PonchoMike

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 12/26/17 04:56 PM

Bodyguard Bumpers.
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 01/11/18 05:51 AM

http://ironcrossautomotive.com
Posted By: PMK

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 01/12/18 12:02 AM

I really like the look and durability of the Bullnose Ranchhand I have on my Dodge ... but they ain't cheap.

2015 2500 Silverado Bullnose

RH website for Chevy 2500 HD

I hit a big boar, likely over 200 lbs last Feb. going to the deer lease running 75 mph, figured I tore up the RH bumper, steering stabilizer, tweaked the alignment, and no telling what else ... as it turned out, merely bent the lower portion and took out one of the fog lights & brackets (and wrapped a bunch of pig guts/skin/meat around front axle, drive shaft, rear axle, spare tire hanger, etc.). Insurance covered the replacement cost but the body shop was able to replace the lower panel & fog light for the insurance check without me paying a deductible. Haven't noticed any wear on any of the front end components or excessive wear on tires.

Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: Need a steel front number- recommendations wanted - 01/13/18 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

I like mine but, the park sensors don't.

up on the plates, try and go see him anytime he's close.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum