Texas Hunting Forum

Decked

Posted By: Cleric

Decked - 09/16/17 08:38 PM

https://decked.com

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Debating it...
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Decked - 09/16/17 09:26 PM

I don't have one but... I like the idea if.... it's easy to remove and water tight....

Re: Decked - 09/16/17 10:59 PM

It's water tight. It can be removed in 20-30 mins according to them
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 01:24 PM

That pretty slick, Cleric. I saw a metal one a while back that looked similar to the ones you posted, but cant remember the brand for the life of me.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
https://decked.com

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Debating it...

I looked at them pretty heavily. I use my Gooseneck hitch about 1-2x a quarter so I decided I'd experimented with a $200 homemade version first before going through hassle.

I figured if I made it through hunting season without cussing it, I'd upgrade to decked.

Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 06:59 PM

I bet you water will find a way into that sucker. Every bed cover or tool box I owned...good brands too, have all never been fully 100% water tight
Posted By: PMK

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 09:02 PM

would play heck if you needed to hook on a gooseneck trailer in a hurry ... looks like a good product for someone that had little to no plans on pulling a gooseneck though.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 10:02 PM

I've looked at them, they're very well made. One of the shows I saw it at, they had a shower head spraying on it, and would turn it off every 30 minutes or so to open the drawers and show they were still dry. The smaller compartments around the wheel wells are not water tight, just the drawers.

If it had just a bit more payload capacity, I'd have one.

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
would play heck if you needed to hook on a gooseneck trailer in a hurry ... looks like a good product for someone that had little to no plans on pulling a gooseneck though.

Once put together(comes in a box of parts) it only takes about 10min to remove. I made a dealer remove his, because I thought he was full of it.

Cleric- I know on a f250 SB it doesn't go all the way to the tail gate
Posted By: PMK

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Once put together(comes in a box of parts) it only takes about 10min to remove. I made a dealer remove his, because I thought he was full of it.

LOL ...that's likely 10 minutes if it were empty ... mine would stay packed with stuff and not likely be able to unload it from the truck loaded with stuff ...

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

LOL ...that's likely 10 minutes if it were empty ... mine would stay packed with stuff and not likely be able to unload it from the truck loaded with stuff ...

Good point lol, hell I have a suit cas welder in mine right now.

Re: Decked - 09/18/17 10:56 PM

I don't goose neck tow...

I need my full bed every now and then but could leave this in most of the time. It has to go full length of the bed so that it sits flush with the tail gate

Zk let me know if you think of the metal one

They sal boxes that can fit in the tray that would help if water did get in there

Re: Decked - 09/19/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
I don't goose neck tow...

I need my full bed every now and then but could leave this in most of the time. It has to go full length of the bed so that it sits flush with the tail gate

Zk let me know if you think of the metal one

They sal boxes that can fit in the tray that would help if water did get in there

Every time I see one I talk to owners just to see if any complaints, leaking hasn't been one of them.

Only real complaint was dust, and the load rating for non-spread out cargo
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Decked - 09/19/17 09:25 PM

I cant seem to find that metal one I saw a while back. These weren't the one I've seen previously, but these appear pretty stout as well. Also not sure how "shaped" they are to the sides of the bed.

ARE Vault

NavahoSystem
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Decked - 09/19/17 10:16 PM

Anybody know what these cost?

Re: Decked - 09/20/17 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
Anybody know what these cost?

Re: Decked - 09/20/17 02:05 AM

I have seen of the decked for 1k area