Texas Hunting Forum

Ultimate Pig hunting machine

Posted By: The Duke

Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/01/17 01:38 PM

I bought a Can-am Defender HD10 and am outfitting it with a bunch of stuff. Vehicle mounted Thermal pan tilt camera gun racks, baskets etc. It will be Ridiculous when this project is completed.

MY question is:
Instead of doing a High Rack bench seat in the bed. I want to do Bucket seats that will slide front and back with a built in seat heater. I was going to go with Ford Super Duty seats and put marine grade material on them but after measuring further I feel that the high back will be too tall. I also feel that I am loosing too much bed space as the Ford seats are about a foot tall not including seat back. Where as a bench seat is just a few inches tall. Every inch I can save on this project is needed as I am keeping this as light weight as possible. I don't want to weigh down the unit.

Any thoughts on seats instead of a bench?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/01/17 01:53 PM

Maybe Kawasaki terx seats? YouTube Hester's Kawasaki in raton, NM
He has some cool ideas
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/01/17 02:55 PM

Since you are building a land yacht, why not use boat seats on swivels but make sure you have seat belts on them!
They are fairly light and built to be in wet weather.

If you want buckets that slide, look to some aftermarket seats, rails and belts for the street racing scene.
OR something related to dune buggies and off road use that will be more resistant to the elements.

Also be aware of all the added weight and how high and where you put it.

You could end up with a top heavy rolly-polly.

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/01/17 04:44 PM

I am building everything out of Aluminum to make it light weight. Being top heavy is a major concern!

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/01/17 04:48 PM

I don't really care for the mid-level boat seats. The upper end boat seats $400+ start getting really comfy. That is a little more than I want to spend. As for now I am going to do a bench seat with built in heaters on both back and the seat. I just would rather do a bucket seat if I can find a light weight model.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/01/17 05:48 PM

Racing seats?

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/02/17 01:16 PM

The heated part is gonna make them expensive and heavy.
I don't know of any aftermarket heated seats under 750.00 each

These lightweight racing seats with vinyl cover are available on ebay for 120.00 each delivered.
Sliding tracks run another 25.00 each delivered.
They even recline for those buddies who overdid it!

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/02/17 05:14 PM

Racing seats like this...

Seat link

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/05/17 12:11 AM

HMMMM

I have found seat hears on Amazon for $65 I can insert them into the seat. I appreciate all the help and links!

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/05/17 12:43 PM

If you can get heater inserts, grab some racing seats like the ones listed in CharlieCTx's link above.
You can get the padded covers that slip over the seat and put the heater between seat and cover.
Should be GTG.

And don't forget to include pics as you go and when finished.
Sounds like it should be really nice!
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Ultimate Pig hunting machine - 09/05/17 05:58 PM

I agree with Vern's comments on some kind of cover. The plastic seats are certainly going to be easier to maintain and look better longer vs something upholstered for interior use which will look like poop after some time.

I'll admit, I don't see the need for heated seats. We've ridden in my Pioneer at night in the 20's looking for hogs and while cold, I was never THAT cold. Put a fold down or half-height windshield up there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum