Texas Hunting Forum

Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger

Posted By: pharmvet

Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/18/17 03:27 PM

Anyone found seats that can be added to the bed of Polaris Ranger that you really like? Pics or brands would be great. Thanks!
Posted By: LABIRDDOG

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/18/17 04:03 PM

What are you trying to do? If a seat on top of a dog box there are several options available. Best I sat was a seat for an airboat on top of dog box(homemade) job.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/18/17 04:36 PM

I'd go bench seats rather than bucket seats. I'd change but I mostly hunt off a friends Ranger. I only take mine when his Ranger is in the shop which has been often this year. Here's what I now have.

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/18/17 06:19 PM

I just purchased a 6x6. Wanting to put some seats in the bed so kids can ride more comfortably.

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/19/17 12:27 AM

Look for bus seats. They had a thread on it on OT.

You could just put an Igloo ice chest in there or make a wooden bench.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/19/17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner

Bill that's a great idea )bus seats) been wanting something in the back of my truck for night hunting.

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/19/17 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
Originally Posted By: bill oxner

Bill that's a great idea )bus seats) been wanting something in the back of my truck for night hunting.

Someone finally came up with a source. I've tried searches on this forum in the past. I'm not very good at them.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/20/17 12:28 AM

I thought a school bus seat would work for my rig but the way most are built it required too much modification and they really are not as sturdy as I needed but I will give them to you if you want them.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/21/17 06:00 PM

Cabela's UTV jump seat

I put one of these in the bed of our Kubota RTV and it worked good. mount rails in the bed, spring pins to remove/install seat. I later built a high rank that I installed the seat on for using to hunt over the top of the cab. pretty sturdy, lightweight, easy install, easy removal and install when you need the bed.
Posted By: TexasTan

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/31/17 01:56 AM

I use this one. Bolts in easy and can be removed with just a few Cotter pins.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Yutrax-UT...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/31/17 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasTan
I use this one. Bolts in easy and can be removed with just a few Cotter pins.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Yutrax-UT...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

Will these mount in the bed of a Polaris Ranger without drilling additional holes? In other words, can you remove and use existing bed bolts?
Posted By: TexasTan

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 03/31/17 03:23 AM

No. You will have to drill holes. It comes with large washers that go on the underside of the bed to support the weight.
Posted By: QuackerJacks

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/02/17 04:17 PM

Are you wanting to buy a high rack that sits in the bed? If so my buddy is wanting to sell his, it fits into the holes along the side of the bed and is above the bed so it doesn't eat up storage space.
Posted By: TimOub007

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/03/17 01:09 AM

QJ,

Where is that seat located, what model Ranger does it fit and how much is he wanting for it? Can he send pictures?

Tim
Posted By: QuackerJacks

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/05/17 02:12 AM

Tim

It's in Eastland County but we can bring it back to DFW area.Polaris Ranger 900 I believe, not sure if that would include other models though.

Going out this weekend, PM me your cell # if you are interested and I can send pics.
Posted By: TimOub007

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/06/17 01:25 AM

Sounds like it will not fit my Ranger EV as it is built on the midsize platform. I would still like to see pictures for ideas though. Thank you.
Tim
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/06/17 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
Cabela's UTV jump seat

I put one of these in the bed of our Kubota RTV and it worked good. mount rails in the bed, spring pins to remove/install seat. I later built a high rank that I installed the seat on for using to hunt over the top of the cab. pretty sturdy, lightweight, easy install, easy removal and install when you need the bed.

Thought I had a better picture of it, but here's yours, dad..

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/06/17 03:15 PM

Are the ones putting high rides doing sometype of fail safe lock system for the dump beds? I know its not likely to let loose on any model but still would just worry me

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/06/17 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Are the ones putting high rides doing sometype of fail safe lock system for the dump beds? I know its not likely to let loose on any model but still would just worry me

The Gator is the worst. I bolted mine down.

Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/06/17 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

We bolted the riser through the bed of the RTV, then the cabelas seat is pinned to the riser we built.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/06/17 04:10 PM

cheers
Posted By: KyleW

Re: Seats on the bed of a Polaris Ranger - 04/07/17 02:29 PM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...eel#Post6727107
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum