Texas Hunting Forum

Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner

Posted By: Mickey Moose

Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/06/17 06:41 PM

Anybody have a Yukon XL/Escalade ESV/Suburban (or I guess anything that has a 3rd row) that has a one-piece Weathertech floor liner?? Mine is a '16 Yukon XL and I'm curious to know how easily the one-piece 2nd/3rd row liner comes in and out. 2nd row is captains chairs, 3rd is a bench. Both rows are power.

http://www.weathertech.com/gmc/2016/yuko...bucket-seating/

Also, I have read some complaints of edges curling on Weathertechs (not specific to the liner for my vehicle - just in general). Anybody have this same complaint or any others? I also checked out Husky mats and another brand or two which I don't recall the names since they didn't impress me.

Thanks - Mickey
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/06/17 06:56 PM

That 2nd row looks like a PIA. I can't comment on that as I don't own a vehicle that uses one.

I will tell you have had multiple vehicles with WeatherTech, and it's been nothing but quality.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/06/17 07:02 PM

I have the over the hump one piece in front and back of my crew cab ram. Have liked them a lot so far.

The curling has only been an issue if people drag their feet in, if you pick your feet up enough its a non issue.

Looks like putting it in and out will be as easy is it is to put the 3rd row seats in and out.
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/06/17 07:49 PM

Wife has WeatherTech in her vehicle. Every edge has curled. I bought Husky Liners for my Jeep and they are great. I'd give them a look. Only difference is that the Husky liners are a bit stiffer than the WeatherTech and therefore more of a hassle to get in and out. If you plan on removing them on a weekly basis I'd go with the WeatherTech even though they do curl. If you're planning on removing them once every 2-3 months the Husky liners would be fine.

FWIW, when the WeatherTech liners start to curl you can take them out and use a hair dryer or heat gun on them and form them back to the original mold.

A word of warning: Both brands have stubble on the back to keep them from sliding around. This stubble WILL PICK YOUR SEATS. Be very careful not to let the back of the liners scrape on your seats or you'll be extremely angry.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/06/17 07:56 PM

MM, I helped a friend install those same ines in his suburban. It was a pain. He decided that he would never remove them and found some super strength tape that has to be hated to work and he taped the seem up. He has 5 kids and they try their best to trash any vehicle they are in. He cleans it out every two weeks but doesn't remove the big mat, simply vacuum, wash with mop and detergent and allow to dry. They drain out the doors and the rear hatch
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/06/17 08:01 PM

BigPig - I suspected that may be the case. That pushes me towards separate pieces for the middle and back rows.

My thinking was leave them in for day-to-day use then swap them for the factory carpet mats for nights out with friends.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/06/17 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose
BigPig - I suspected that may be the case. That pushes me towards separate pieces for the middle and back rows.

My thinking was leave them in for day-to-day use then swap them for the factory carpet mats for nights out with friends.

Toss them on top with some sticky rubber glued to the bottom of the factory mats if they are that important
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/09/17 03:26 AM

I'd like to see how those ship.
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/09/17 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
I'd like to see how those ship.

Folded and in a box.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Weathertech One-piece Floor Liner - 01/10/17 05:38 AM

Mine curl but lay them in the sun on a flat surface and they are back to normal quickly. Seems any curling is caused by outside object such as my black lab jumping in and out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum