Texas Hunting Forum

UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind

Posted By: MS1454

UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 03:42 AM

Been looking at utvs snd wanted to get opinions on what you have or have seen others use.

I see a lot recommend polaris ranger but there seems to be a lot of different ones so if you recommend them, which one?

Been looking at gators as well but doesnt seem they get used for hunting much.

I mainly want one that is reliable and trouble free as possible that can get me through flooded rice fields, dirt roads and out to pastures for quail hunting.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 03:54 AM

Take a look at the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT. I believe it's the best on the market.
Posted By: Run-N-Gun Adventures

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 03:56 AM

We run 3 Polaris ranger Crew 900's. For what we use them for I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Posted By: Imaguide

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 12:52 PM

Polaris 6x6 I have 2 a 2006 and a new 2016, you get one stuck your stuck all day. They have a 4yr warranty you can get that starts after the factory waranty ends, basically bumper to bumper belts battery and tires not included. 50 $ deductible
Posted By: wal1809

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Imaguide
Polaris 6x6 I have 2 a 2006 and a new 2016, you get one stuck your stuck all day. They have a 4yr warranty you can get that starts after the factory waranty ends, basically bumper to bumper belts battery and tires not included. 50 $ deductible

I had a Ranger 6 by 6 and wore it smooth out. I switched to a Ranger 4 by 4 CRew 900. It can't do what the 6 wheeler could do and vice versa. I can carry 5 men, gear and a dog with absolute comfort. On the other hand my 6 wheeler did not have that big of a payload capability. When you pointed where it should go, it would go. For two people and a dog that 6 by was the best dern transportation I ever had. The 4 by is nice, quiet ect but every now and again I miss the "I can go anywhere" attitude of the 6 by.
Posted By: sallysue

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 06:32 PM

You can't beat a 610 Mule
Posted By: redchevy

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 07:27 PM

Currently a pair of Ariat boots.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: sallysue
You can't beat a 610 Mule

For a flooded rice field you can..

Id go with something liquid cooled and lots of low end power and ground clearance... if you don't need a crew don't get it..

Trouble free running anything in that type of mud/water is gona be a mouthful... keep it clean... after every job like that it needst to be maintained... wheel bearings and cvts will go out on you
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 07:55 PM

I second the Pro-FXT
Posted By: Fatdaddy

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 08:06 PM

Honda Pioneer 500

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 08:40 PM

Id honestly go with one of the larger CC Utv like Ranger or Yamaha or a torquey diesel
Posted By: Gacman

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 09:06 PM

Our Ranger crew is dependable. We have had it 4 years. I agree that if you don't need a crew, then go with the single cab.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 09:17 PM

We have a Kawasaki Teryx (wife's choice) but if it were mine I would have a Kawasaki Mule PRO FXT
Posted By: brent99

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 09:25 PM

Anyone have experience with the Mahindra UTVs? I saw a couple of my local dealership and they looked nice; however, I only have experience with Polaris.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 11:34 PM

Flooded rice fields - air boat, or one of those that has 6 or 8 wheels and floats.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/28/16 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
We have a Kawasaki Teryx (wife's choice) but if it were mine I would have a Kawasaki Mule PRO FXT

Yea, am liking this one too. I really like the ability to go from 3-6 passengers.

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/30/16 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: brent99
Anyone have experience with the Mahindra UTVs? I saw a couple of my local dealership and they looked nice; however, I only have experience with Polaris.

You will want the diesel 1000 to do what your wanting. As far as payload its hard to beat.. 36:1 low gear to back it up

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 12/30/16 05:02 PM

Send me a pm if you want prices and info and ill get you hooked up
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 01/01/17 05:13 AM

Honda Pioneer 700-4

Charlie
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 01/01/17 07:31 AM

Love my Mahindra, Nav did some fine tuning on it and it runs like a champ now. It also is no slouch when it comes to putting in work and hauling some heavy loads around

Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 01/02/17 03:22 AM

Got a 2011 Honda big red with 2 sets of tires (one set never been on machine 14 inch wheels). Got a trailer also if interested.
Posted By: Buck25-06

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 01/06/17 01:13 AM

Jeep Wrangler
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 01/06/17 03:02 PM

I have the Mahindra as well and love it. You would think it has power steering it is so easy to turn and 4 wheel drive is so smooth you wonder is if ever engaged. I believe it also has the highest stock ground clearance of any UTV on the market.
Posted By: KG68

Re: UTV - which one gets you to and from the blind - 01/06/17 05:18 PM

My son sells Polaris for Lee Hoffpauir Outdoor Superstore so go figure hammer . Hoffpauir just recently became a Canam dealer as well and has a huge inventory of both Polaris and Canam. http://www.hpolaris.com/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum