Texas Hunting Forum

Polaris ranger blind move

Posted By: ijohnston

Polaris ranger blind move - 10/30/16 02:08 PM

Have any of you ever moved a 4 x 6 blind with your Polaris Ranger? I am looking for ways to get mine without having to haul a trailer to where it is. Post pictures if you have any.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Polaris ranger blind move - 10/30/16 02:25 PM

About 11-12 yrs ago now I moved 2- 4'x8'-8' tall box blind2 with a Polaris Ranger 6x6. I jacked the blind up and then used 2"x8" to make skids(stood upright, not laid flat). I angled the end at a 45 degree angle so it would not dig into the ground. One on each long side of the blind. Then put more up above those on the short side to keep it from collapsing inwards as I moved it. I put a chain on each leg(2 front) around the skid and leg then attached chains to the Ranger. I drug it in low range 6 wheel drive. It was like dragging a sled. Blinds were not that heavy though.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Polaris ranger blind move - 10/30/16 04:57 PM

Most of the time we pull a little 5x10 trailer behind the ranger to move stands. We have moved a 4x6 fiberglass stand on the bed rails, but it was pretty light weight.
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: Polaris ranger blind move - 10/30/16 06:03 PM

I have a 16 foot trailer. The problem is it is a pain to maneuver that thing up the hill where my stand is located
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Polaris ranger blind move - 10/31/16 12:00 AM

You will probably have to buy a Kawasaki mule bolt
Posted By: spg

Re: Polaris ranger blind move - 11/07/16 12:25 AM

I've moved a lot more than that with mine.....You shouldn't have problem. I moved 3 blinds that size on a 16' trailer with my ranger, the blinds were not put together but in sections of walls, decks, and roofs with 12' 4x4's.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum