Texas Hunting Forum

LoJack or other GPS monitoring on UTV/ Equipment?

Posted By: deewayne2003

LoJack or other GPS monitoring on UTV/ Equipment? - 10/20/16 04:19 PM

With recently getting a place and realizing that I need to buy some equipment, most notably a UTV then a Tractor I wanted to see if any of you guys have ever used anything like LoJack or other gps equipment monitoring for items stored on your property?

I have an OLD barn with a good roof to park stuff in but the truth is even if I build a new barn or get a shipping container thieves will still get into it if they want to.....

Any experience with theft prevention/monitoring devices?..... Please fill me in.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: LoJack or other GPS monitoring on UTV/ Equipment? - 10/20/16 08:19 PM

I use my inReach when staying at hotels or places like the fair.
But that's more of a short term solution then longterm
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: LoJack or other GPS monitoring on UTV/ Equipment? - 10/21/16 05:43 PM

I bought a shipping container and one of these locks....they are going to need a torch to get into it, bolt cutters can't get in. After researching this is the best lock I found, it's expensive but worth it. Most criminals won't go to that much trouble.

https://www.amazon.com/Equipment-Lock-HDCDL-Steel-Heavy/dp/B005CIGVWQ
Posted By: maximum

Re: LoJack or other GPS monitoring on UTV/ Equipment? - 10/21/16 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: deewayne2003
. . . but the truth is even if I build a new barn or get a shipping container thieves will still get into it if they want to.....

exactly right ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
dope heads will tear up $2000.00 worth of tools and property
to get at a $100.00 something they won't get $20.00 for at a pawn shop.
you can get a conex box and that will discourage theft, but if someone
wants in they'll get in unless you're there to stop it.
Posted By: BMag

Re: LoJack or other GPS monitoring on UTV/ Equipment? - 11/08/16 04:00 PM

I purchased a Trackimo gps device for my side by side. The model I got has the ability to be hard wired with a wiring harness. I paid $159 for mine, it comes with 1 year free service then $60 a year after that. After my first side by side was stolen after 3 days of purchase, I wanted to know where the new is at all times. The app works great on my android phone.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum