Texas Hunting Forum

Overhead gun rack for UTV

Posted By: JP4065

Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/29/16 12:26 AM

Looking for overhead gun rack for my Mule 4010. What are the best choices out there ?
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/29/16 01:03 AM

Big Sky or Sure Grip.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/29/16 10:56 PM

I built one for my Rhino but quickly quit using it because of the amount of dust and grit the guns collected up there.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/30/16 02:23 PM

I'm listening in on this one as I'm looking for the same thing for my 3010. I haven't found one that suites my needs yet.
Posted By: JP4065

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/31/16 12:50 AM

I have seen several online but I need some pros and cons. Kolpin,Great Day,Big Sky are some brands I see. The Big Sky looks like it uses sheet metal screws thru the roof to hold it in place and I dont want to do that. The Kolpin and Great Day use the roll cage tubes.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/31/16 02:30 AM

I think if you go to the Big Sky website they have one that attaches to the roll cage. I might be wrong. I know the Sure Grip does. I'd call to make sure.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/31/16 02:50 AM

I have had great luck with my Big Sky, STXRANCHMAN has a great set where he modified some bracket's to accept boots..
Was very impressed and wish I had went this route...

Mainly for protection, my new weapon will be getting a lot of Boyt Harness time this year for added protection.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/31/16 03:11 AM

On Kawasaki Mules we took a piece of strap steel about 1/8" or so thick by 4-5" wide and long enough(24+") to span from top of front roll cage to back of roll cage. We bolted the Big Sky to it then the strap steel was bolted to the roll cage. The mule roofs we had made out of aluminum. We could unbolt all the add ons then move them to a new Mule when they were bought. This pic shows how the gun boots were mounted on the Mules.

Here is how I mounted the Big Sky on my old Ranger to the steel roof. The other pic is how I mounted the gun boots on the old Ranger. I did the same on my new one with both.

Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/31/16 01:53 PM

That is really neat!
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 08/31/16 03:21 PM

Does anyone own the Sure Grip? I can't figure out how they work. The guy's video on his site doesn't explain how the part that actually holds the gun works.
Posted By: Ron H

Re: Overhead gun rack for UTV - 09/16/16 03:04 AM

I have a kolpin attached to the roll bar. I like it for my shotgun or .270.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum