Texas Hunting Forum

Riding Destinations

Posted By: RedBarn

Riding Destinations - 08/25/16 04:30 PM

I thought I read in a post here recently about different places to take the family UTV/ATV riding, but I can't find it. Other than Mena Ar, what other places have you guys been? Looking at doing a trip next summer with the family in New Mexico, Colorado,......
thanks,
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Riding Destinations - 08/25/16 04:36 PM

Hidden Falls in Marble Falls is a pretty big place to ride. I used to take my dirt bike out there and there were a ton of atv/utvs out and about.
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: Riding Destinations - 08/25/16 06:19 PM

Here's a good link to most of the Backcountry Discovery Routes, covering AZ, CO, CA, ID, MT, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY... click on linky below

BACKCOUNTRY DISCOVERY ROUTES
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Riding Destinations - 08/26/16 02:12 AM

Colorado! Alpine loop is good and has a lot of good day trips. We stayed in Lake City and loved it, plus you can ride on paved roads into town. From there you can reach Silverton or Ouray in n easy day trip.

Also, Pitkin has some beautiful places to ride and I prefer to be there but it's much more remote and may need to pack fuel.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Riding Destinations - 08/26/16 03:46 AM

Silverton, ouray, lake city are all great. Red river is pretty good as well.
Posted By: RedBarn

Re: Riding Destinations - 08/26/16 08:22 PM

Thanks y'all!!! Definitely gives me a starting point!!!
Posted By: BA223

Re: Riding Destinations - 08/28/16 07:49 PM

Just returned from Colorado on our UTV trip. Stayed in Silverton. Could drive the Alpine Loop all the way into Lake City and back to Silverton. Could ride to Ouray, but couldn't get on HWY 550 with the Ranger, so had to backtrack, but no big deal. There are many different trails in the area that will suit various situations. Some pretty easy and tame if you have small children or a nervous wife. Others are more challenging if that's what you want. The scenery was amazing! Weather is variable, so be prepared. We sunburned on our first ride last Saturday. Then, we were in the snow on the top of Engineer Pass on Wednesday morning. Rained almost every day somewhere along the trails.
Posted By: ssgp2

Re: Riding Destinations - 09/16/16 07:44 PM

Right here in Your backyard
We haven't been yet because it is a weekend trip for us, but everyone we talk to says it is great.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Riding Destinations - 09/16/16 09:00 PM

Glad you and your family had a safe trip and made many memories to last a lifetime.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum