Texas Hunting Forum

UTV Insurance????

Posted By: FoxTrot

UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 01:13 AM

Bought a Pioneer a few months ago. Financed about half of it through my credit union. I got a letter today telling me that I need to provide a copy of my ins policy on this.

Ive never heard of someone having ins on their utv.

Should I try to have this covered by my homeowners? Im lost on what to do.

Is there a lender in TX that doesnt require this? I will switch quick. I knew I should have went through Honda Financing.
Posted By: Fatdaddy

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 01:28 AM

I used honda finance on mine and no insurance has been required
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 01:31 AM

I always carry Full Coverage with Full Replacement and never finance mine...
Just a inexpensive peace of mind...

I use Geico but several options out there...

Good Luck up
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 01:46 AM

I have all my insurance through Farm Bureau. I called my ageant a couple of days ago and he said Progressive was the cheapest and best for a UTV..
Posted By: thewrap

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 02:16 AM

I got my pioneer insured through Cody Ballew here on the forum. He is with Texas Farm Bureau. Cost me $190 for 1 year. That was full replacement including the winch I have on it. IMO worth every penny considering how things are now a days with thieves and what not.
Posted By: maximum

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 10:06 PM

as many utv's as i've seen flying down
various interstates poorly secured on
trailers with bull sheet wally world and
harbor freight cheep sheet tie downs and
no safety chain, i'd think more utv owners
would want some insurance of some kind.
myself, i'd hate to owe a couple of years
worth of payments on a pile of twisted
metal i couldn't use for anything.

that, and if i was napping in my trailer
and drunk cousin bubba hopped in my new
utv and put it upside down in a gully,
i'd be happy i had it insured
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 10:53 PM

Progressive is what I have on my Rhino.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/16/16 11:13 PM

Forgive my stupidity but does homeowners cover them? I have an ATV line item on my home owners coverage.

I did hit up Cody too via PM.
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 12:03 AM

I have mine added to my farm and ranch policy. You can get a standalone utv/ATV policy but it's much more expensive that way. If you have an ATV line on your homowners it is likely just a liability policy in case someone is injured on an ATV etc while on your property and won't pay for damages. I would check into it.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 12:47 AM

Just frustrated at this point. I understand that the bank wants to protext their lien however Ive never heard of this. Had I know this, I wouldnt have financed through them to save my .09% over Honda's finance. In fact, Im pissed off. I bought this machine on a budget.

Any lien holders who dont require ins? Can i refinance through Honda?

At this point, Im ready to call my bank and tell them to kiss it and refinance it and my truck through a different institution bc of this.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 01:04 AM

I pm'd Cody. Hopefully he comes through. I will do $190 a year

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: FoxTrot
Just frustrated at this point. I understand that the bank wants to protext their lien however Ive never heard of this. Had I know this, I wouldnt have financed through them to save my .09% over Honda's finance. In fact, Im pissed off. I bought this machine on a budget.

Any lien holders who dont require ins? Can i refinance through Honda?

At this point, Im ready to call my bank and tell them to kiss it and refinance it and my truck through a different institution bc of this.

Amigo...I think you will be hard pressed to find any Financial Institution that holds any value or title that will not require Full Coverage insurance...But I could be totally wrong.

All of the Liability is on them..

Good Luck to you and I hope you find resolve..
I am sure if you do not provide that they will add the cost to the note at a premium cost.
Maybe a Lender or Insurance Agent could explain with more detail or clarification.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 01:08 AM

I pm'd Cody. Hopefully he comes through. I will do $190 a year

Wonderful Gentleman and have met him and never heard anything but great things about Cody's Service up

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 02:09 AM

I pm'd the wrong Cody. What is his screen name?
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 03:00 AM

Progressive all the way. Motorized vehicles are excluded from homeowners.
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 03:29 AM

Progressive, I would suggest researching their corporation. Without getting political, they are against everything I stand for, and their business practices are highly questionable. Cheaper for a reason.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 03:45 AM

And don't expect Progressive to pay if something happens. I'd take Fred Loya over Progressive.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: westexhunt
Progressive, I would suggest researching their corporation. Without getting political, they are against everything I stand for, and their business practices are highly questionable. Cheaper for a reason.

I certainly agree. However in the insurance world they are a necessary evil. With the OP seeming to be on a tight budget i am sure he isnt concerned with the political views.

Also they are good at insuring toys and auto with bad driving records. Claims experience out of our office has been good.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 12:03 PM

I don't have any. I was told that my umbrella policy covered my liability. I don't understand what type of accident damage could result in a claim for repairs.
Posted By: janie

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 01:37 PM

We've got full coverage on our 14 Artic Cat. Annual premium is $108.00

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 01:44 PM

I pm'd the wrong Cody. What is his screen name?

I emailed him the link to this thread.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 01:52 PM

anything financed these days will usually require insurance
Posted By: Navasot

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 01:53 PM

be carefull doing homeowners unless you always have the vehicle on the property. You could be out of luck if its stolen or damaged off the property... just depends on who its through
Posted By: varmintslayer

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 05:02 PM

I never got a PM sir, I'll sure see what I can do to help...

The HomeOwners thing will "Usually" work if it's at your home when stolen/burnt/etc. if it's on a trailer or away from your address then it wouldn't help. As expensive as these have gotten I'd want them covered correctly... UTVs are probably known for theift more than anything!

These machines are done off there Value, so $15k worth of insurance is more than a $10k etc.

Look forward to talking with you!

Cody
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/17/16 10:01 PM

i use travlers. 180 a year for full replacement

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/18/16 12:24 AM

Has anyone on this forum ever made and been paid for a claim?

I've never had a situation where I needed insurance. They used mine for judging nstra field trials with different drivers.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/18/16 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: janie
We've got full coverage on our 14 Artic Cat. Annual premium is $108.00

Ive been in touch with Cody now. He is going to get me a quote. I could go for this price. Who is it through?
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/18/16 07:53 PM

I bought a used Kubota 900 about four year ago from one of the dealerships. Since I financed it, they required insurance and offered me full coverage insurance for $100/yr. It went up the next year after I paid the thing off, but even now, it's only $133 per year. Considering I spent $8500 on the thing and it stays at the lease full time, I'll gladly spend the money each year in case someone steals it or one of my kids drives it into a tree while playing around.
Posted By: DTCOOPER

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/22/16 01:58 PM

If you buy anything and have it financed thru the "manufacturer's bank" (i.e. Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, etc) they typically don't require insurance.. That's because it's a revolving credit card.. You're on the hook for it regardless.

Any respectable financial institution is going to require comprehensive insurance, to cover in case of total loss, theft, etc.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/22/16 02:24 PM

I don't think collision is necessary. Never heard of a claim. I asked on this thread and no one replied that they have ever made a claim.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/22/16 02:30 PM

I financed part of my Mule and the bank required insurance. Added it to my existing motorcycle policy, and I believe it is less than $100 a year. Haven't filed a claim, but seems worth it, so since paying off Mule, I've kept paying insurance. Cheap peace of mind.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/23/16 01:03 AM

AND to answer your question William...

2 people possible 3 have and will use there Ins over on the Green Screen for UTV;s, they tend to "HUNT" more over there than discuss Chicken Flavored Sunscreen and Money in your bank and heads of Cattle...so to answer..If you have any more Cells in that Bean between your shoulder blades you may want insurance roflmao

If not, its your world I am just passing through
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 08/23/16 09:01 PM

I just bought a Mule Pro FXT EPS. Paid cash but plan to insure anyway...just a smart thing to do.

Question for you guys paying south of $200. Is that just replacement for theft is that collision and comp as well, and what are the deductibles? Do you have liability?

For $500K liability (which then bridges to my umbrella policy for another $1M), a $1K collision deductible, $500 comp deductible (theft and such) and no medical they're wanting $240/year. Seems high, but that also seems like a high level of coverage.
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 09/01/16 01:06 AM

I'm financed through Sheffield and they don't require insurance, been thinking of getting insurance on it but it sure does tick me off tho adding up all My yearly policies I already pay just in case something happens.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 09/01/16 12:53 PM

Help....all I want is theft insurance for my mule and tractor. I can't get any without switching my home owners and I can't find any homeowner anywhere close to what I pay. Anybody know anyone? Talk to State farm, All state, progressive, Texas land bank....all a no go.
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 09/25/16 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: westexhunt

Any experience with them personally?

FWIW, we had a pontoon boat insured with them, and had it covered for AGREED VALUE. In other words, if it disappeared we would be paid the amount specified on the policy. We insured it for the amount we paid for it new. And wouldn't you know it ..... the marina where it was docked was hit by a tornado and the boat was destroyed. Progressive called me within 3 days, the adjuster met me at the marina, and handed me a check for the agreed value. Done deal. No whining, squabble, or other crap. I couldn't have been happier.

Will I ever use them again? You betcha. I'm certain that there are companies that all of us deal with on a daily basis that don't totally agree with every principal we have. But it's a money situation for me. I'll save my funds whenever I can.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: UTV Insurance???? - 09/25/16 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Help....all I want is theft insurance for my mule and tractor. I can't get any without switching my home owners and I can't find any homeowner anywhere close to what I pay. Anybody know anyone? Talk to State farm, All state, progressive, Texas land bank....all a no go.

You try Farmers, that's who I use, my UTV is about 240 a year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum