Texas Hunting Forum

JK hunting Jeep

Posted By: Chef Shawn

JK hunting Jeep - 07/28/16 04:48 AM

Need to know how you JK owners get your deer Home after the kill without a bloody mess inside your jeep
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 07/28/16 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Chef Shawn
Need to know how you JK owners get your deer Home after the kill without a bloody mess inside your jeep

1/4 it right where you shoot it and put it in a cooler, I have had multiple deer in a Saturn and Kia.
Posted By: JEEPMANMC

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 07/28/16 02:10 PM

Get a receiver rack. I have even prefabbed a hunting blind and hauled it into the woods with one.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 07/29/16 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: JEEPMANMC
Get a receiver rack. I have even prefabbed a hunting blind and hauled it into the woods with one.
Yep, they can be had for as little as $50 or you can build your own if you or a buddy welds. Be sure to have some rope and/or ratchet straps to tie the critter down with.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 07/29/16 08:46 PM

I had the rack on my jeep. Stack 5 sacks corn on and drove to feeder, slow of course, bent the s%^*+ out of the bumper hitch.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 07/31/16 02:31 PM

Quarter it and put it into an ice chest, no mess.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 07/31/16 02:37 PM

Quarter, receiver rack, or the cheapest - large concrete mixing tub in the back (no rear seat). However, some guys have a fear of the creepy crawlies leaving deer and getting in vehicle. You could always bug bomb later.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 09/23/16 06:27 PM

gut it and wrap it up in a tarp with a bag of ice in the chest or just quarter it and put it on ice..........
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 09/23/16 06:48 PM

My buddy just pulled his carpet and back seat out. When he's back home he just takes a hose to it.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 09/23/16 11:04 PM

See if they make a Weather Tech bed mat for your jeep.
Posted By: Nate C.

Re: JK hunting Jeep - 09/24/16 11:55 AM

Rack goes on Jeep.
Big white cooler goes on rack.
Deer goes in big white cooler.
Jeep goes home.
food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum