Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody into old 4Runners?

Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Anybody into old 4Runners? - 07/02/16 09:09 PM

Thought I'd ask and see if anyone here likes the older 4Runners. I've got a 97 that I'm SLOWLY getting like I want it.

When its clean:

Only time I've stuck it:

Got the parts for a lift, wheel spacers, tie rods and ball joints to be installed. Just got to get time to get it put on.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 07/02/16 09:20 PM

I like that body style, and the 3.4 is great. However, I'm still partial to the first gens! I've had several and have been on the hunt for another until recently. Putting that on hold for a while as my new job won't allow me time for a hobby! smile

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 07/02/16 09:25 PM

First Gens are awesome. I've kicked around the idea of selling this one in favor of one but haven't convinced myself.
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 07/03/16 02:39 AM

I have a '96 that is left on the lease. Lifted, larger tires, winch. Sure is nice to have heat in the winter, ac in the summer and a roof in the rain.

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 07/03/16 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: jakebunch
I have a '96 that is left on the lease. Lifted, larger tires, winch. Sure is nice to have heat in the winter, ac in the summer and a roof in the rain.

Agreed. I drove this one daily for nearly a year. Its mostly a lease ride now though. I've got the parts for a lift and new steering components. Just haven't had time to get it put on.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 07/03/16 07:26 PM

Had one and it served me well...Just hard to get in and out of for my personal preference..I am a fan of the Open UTV for my area of Texas Hunting but it was nice on chilly mngs I won't lie
Posted By: GMG1

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 08/23/16 11:06 AM

I have a 2000 that is my daily driver. I wanted one forever and finally got this one last February. I am not disappointed.
Posted By: fracdaddy

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 09/28/16 08:16 PM

love it!
Posted By: C.K.

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 10/02/16 05:18 PM

I've got a 1st gen Tacoma and would like to add a 1st gen 4Runner one day
Posted By: soccerguy4

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 10/05/16 03:27 PM

I bought a 2000 last year with 145000 miles on it and added a few things. We put a bumper on the front with a receiver hitch for a feeder, LED light bar on top, and extra back up lights with switches. A basket in the back hitch works great for carrying game. Check out http://www.toyota-4runner.org/ for all your 4runner needs. Toyota 4Runner

Posted By: Ruger1980

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 10/08/16 08:59 PM

Nice ride! Here is my 1986 4Runner I picked up on Craigslist this past summer! It is 99% rust free and runs like a champ! I have put on new Old Man Emu (OME) shocks all the way around, replaced the carpet, added a 1.5 front lift, scored a set of BFG Mt's on Craigslist, and planning on buying a Soft Topper soon!

Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 10/09/16 12:11 AM

Love the first gen but good grief they have gotten extremely expensive these days. But I'm looking for an 84-85
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Anybody into old 4Runners? - 10/10/16 02:12 AM

Love them. Used to have an early 90s model on the deer lease when I was younger. My wife now has a 2014 trail edition. We added 33" bfg A/T's and black fuel octane wheels along with a Baja utility roof rack and a Tepui roof top tent, which is just awesome for car camping. The new ones are great, but certainly not cheap.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum