Texas Hunting Forum

Road Grader

Posted By: thewrap

Road Grader - 06/19/16 05:53 PM

Does anyone know of a good pull behind road grader that will work for typical west Texas red dirt sandy roads? The roads at our lease are getting pretty rough and could use some help.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Road Grader - 06/19/16 08:14 PM

This is one question that might get more response on the OT forum.
Posted By: ELKMTB

Re: Road Grader - 06/19/16 10:25 PM

check craigslist
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Road Grader - 06/21/16 02:43 AM

I sell the Johnson pull type grader blades and they have worked pretty well. They are also called Hi Grade
Posted By: thewrap

Re: Road Grader - 06/22/16 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: 338ultra
I sell the Johnson pull type grader blades and they have worked pretty well. They are also called Hi Grade

Do you have any pics?

Re: Road Grader - 07/06/16 02:35 AM

Sorry just saw this. Here is a link to their website
http://www.johnsonmfg-hygrade.com/
Posted By: KG68

Re: Road Grader - 07/06/16 03:44 AM

http://www.grademastersales.com/
Posted By: PMK

Re: Road Grader - 07/06/16 08:33 PM

those are pretty slick if you have a tractor with remote rear hydraulic outlets!!! My tractor doesn't have remote outlets but I guess I could plumb some off the hydraulic lines to the FEL with an additional set of valves???

Wondering if the OP has access to a tractor with outlets or if he was looking for a tow behind a truck or UTV???
Posted By: KG68

Re: Road Grader - 07/07/16 07:22 PM

Grademaster makes a non hydraulic model as well. Click on products on the web site.

Re: Road Grader - 07/14/16 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: PMK
those are pretty slick if you have a tractor with remote rear hydraulic outlets!!! My tractor doesn't have remote outlets but I guess I could plumb some off the hydraulic lines to the FEL with an additional set of valves???

Wondering if the OP has access to a tractor with outlets or if he was looking for a tow behind a truck or UTV???

If they are cable controlled valves they are not too terrible expensive or hard to do. If they are electro hydraulic you can get pretty costly.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Road Grader - 07/14/16 11:56 AM

Get the one without hydraulics, a 5 or 6 foot, whatever your tractor can handle, and your done. There are many brands of these pure "road graders"---not a boxblade or single blade. Or rent one for the day.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Road Grader - 07/14/16 12:23 PM

Get this style grader a lot of brands ha be one they are easy to use and easy to keep
Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: Road Grader - 07/17/16 07:03 PM

I have a 8' ROAD BOSS, that I use working for the local ranches here doing the roads. NOT good for big bedded rocks , but for anything else is amazing.

Re: Road Grader - 07/18/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.
I have a 8' ROAD BOSS, that I use working for the local ranches here doing the roads. NOT good for big bedded rocks , but for anything else is amazing.

I talked with a rep for them after I saw one on a trailer here in town.. they had one with a front serrated type blade with a smooth finisher behind it. Pretty sweet set up.. figured rock would be no problem for that thing though... or do you mean serious size rocks

Re: Road Grader - 07/18/16 06:59 PM

Little rocks , no problem. The boulders that only stick up a few inches no so good.

I will say this is my second blade, first one was not a road boss. I hung a stump under the ground I didn't see and it folded like a dove!

Road boss has a life time warranty !

Re: Road Grader - 07/18/16 07:01 PM

What I was thinking I figured you was talkin big rocks lol

Re: Road Grader - 07/20/16 02:10 AM

Little rocks , no problem. The boulders that only stick up a few inches no so good.

I will say this is my second blade, first one was not a road boss. I hung a stump under the ground I didn't see and it folded like a dove!

Road boss has a life time warranty !
Posted By: Loanman

Re: Road Grader - 10/13/16 12:37 PM

My buddy has a big ranch and bought a Road Boss last year, he swears by it now, pulls the big one with a 125 hp Deere....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum