Texas Hunting Forum

Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless

Posted By: Houghtonic

Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless - 05/02/16 01:33 AM

I'm really interested in the idea of a UTV that has the option of electric for quiet operation. I'd prefer a hybrid or one that has an onboard generator to extend range but have become a bit intrigued by the all electric version of the intimidator classic. Anyone have any thoughts on this vehicle? I've only seen two reviews. One was by a sponsored hunter and the other was by a customer and he really liked it.
Posted By: DEW

Re: Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless - 05/04/16 09:25 PM

Have you found anything about these yet?
I have been looking too.
Posted By: hou270win

Re: Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless - 05/05/16 05:52 PM

I'm also curious how quiet they really are. Are they quiet like a good golf cart or do they whine with gear noise?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless - 05/19/16 12:18 PM

I hunted with an outfitter in KS that has one. He said its great, but travel time is limited compared to a gas engine model. As long as he trailers it to destination, its every bit as good as a gas model..just can't run it up and down county roads all day.

Gman
Posted By: Stealthjr

Re: Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless - 05/26/16 02:58 PM

I just bought the Intimidator Classic 48volt and will take delivery of it next week. 95% of my hunting is hogs and 70% of that is done at night searching for them with my thermal. I currently have a lifted ezgo rxv 48volt and although it has served me well...it was just too limited on what it could do. It was small, had a rough ride, couldn't tackle certain hills with any weight added, 2wd, etc. All of those shortcomings should be solved with this new Intimidator.
I had a great buying experience with Outdoor Power in Mississippi...gave me by far the best price, actually had a good inventory, followed up on everything without me having to chase him, and he is delivering it to me for $1 per mile one way! I dealt with Donny who I think is the owner. If this Intimidator is anywhere close to what they claim it is...this is a home run. If not, I'll be sure to let you folks know and take the beating for you.

Cheers!
Posted By: Houghtonic

Re: Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless - 06/11/16 09:58 AM

Please do post your experience with it after you've had time to use it. I'm on an all seasons lease so would use it for a ton of stuff but mostly getting to and from the deer blind and then also getting the bird dogs out on quail. I'd probably still foot hunt the birds but use the UTV for getting to a spot and being a mobile temporary base camp that moves as I change out dogs. If I decided to get lazy and drive behind the dogs I wonder how much range I can expect. Lease is only about 2k acres so I thought electric might be all the range I'd need. Wish the Titan had an onboard generator option.
Posted By: DEW

Re: Any thoughts on Intimidator 48V brushless - 06/17/16 12:29 AM

I just test drove an electric at Stop Equip in Conroe. I liked it better than their 750 machine. It was nice smooth and quiet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum