Texas Hunting Forum

What's The Best Bedliner?

Posted By: 30378

What's The Best Bedliner? - 04/30/16 09:36 PM

Line-X, Rhinoliner, what's the best bed liner for a new truck bed? Looking for plain black and nothing slick when wet.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 04/30/16 09:55 PM

Factory if you can.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 04/30/16 11:27 PM

Coming from a guy who installed them for a few years, LineEx is the best, and I only sprayed them a few months. That being said, I don't put any kind of bed liner in my beds. They will all chip, so I don't waste my money on something that will still get torn up. I haul a bunch of rock in the bed of my truck, always sliding the shovels in to scoop the rock out, it's scratched beyond repair, but then again it's a truck bed.
Posted By: Fatdaddy

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/01/16 11:05 AM

LineEx
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/02/16 09:43 PM

Out of the ones ive had Tuff liner was the best.
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/03/16 11:49 AM

I love my Speedliner. I haul all kinds of sh.. and don't have any chips or gouges in the bed. 2cents
Posted By: kry226

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/03/16 07:23 PM

Line-X.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/04/16 01:03 AM

Whatever they put in my Tundra from the factory cannot be harmed. Believe me I have tried.

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/04/16 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
Whatever they put in my Tundra from the factory cannot be harmed. Believe me I have tried.

There's an echo in this thread.... Factory, period.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/04/16 09:35 PM

No bed liner

Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/04/16 10:04 PM

Wanna bet grin
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/06/16 03:24 PM

I used to spray bedliners year ago. If nothing has changed chemically then there's only 2 kinds. 1:1 and 2:1 ratio mixes. LineX type products are 1:1 and Rhino types are 2:1. The LineX types are harder/more durable, look more uniform like paint, but they are not as slip resistant. The Rhino type are softer, very slip resistant, but don't look as good to me and they tear easier. Just depends on what you are looking for. If you want your stuff to stay where you put it and not slide: Rhino. If you are going to abuse it heavily: LineX.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/06/16 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

Wanna bet grin

Ummm...no. grin But everything I have thrown at it including steel, gravel and power steering fluid haven't been able to bother it.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/06/16 09:30 PM

+1. When I first got my Tundra, I used to worry about scratching or chipping it. After almost 3 years, I don't worry about that any more.
Posted By: Dead Eye Mike

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/08/16 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
I used to spray bedliners year ago. If nothing has changed chemically then there's only 2 kinds. 1:1 and 2:1 ratio mixes. LineX type products are 1:1 and Rhino types are 2:1. The LineX types are harder/more durable, look more uniform like paint, but they are not as slip resistant. The Rhino type are softer, very slip resistant, but don't look as good to me and they tear easier. Just depends on what you are looking for. If you want your stuff to stay where you put it and not slide: Rhino. If you are going to abuse it heavily: LineX.

Truth spoken here. My 2013 factory Ford bedliner is tough as nails but items slide around like greased owl poop on a banana. My favorite was the Rhino Liner that I put in a F350 in 1999. It ended up with a couple of chips, but stuff stayed put.

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/08/16 01:11 AM

I have a bed mat over my bed liner and always have. It keeps stuff from sliding around.
Posted By: Dead Eye Mike

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/08/16 01:13 AM

Good idea!
Posted By: fbchunter

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/08/16 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Out of the ones ive had Tuff liner was the best.

This is the brand I have. Moritz chevy had it sprayed before i bought the truck.
Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
I have a bed mat over my bed liner and always have. It keeps stuff from sliding around.

Me too, I have always kept a bed mat over the bedliner
Posted By: PMK

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 05/18/16 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
I have been using a bed mat since the early 1990s. The spray in and hard bedliners will not keep things in place but do offer protection to your bed. Tractor Supply carries DeeZee brand bed mats for about $100 for most size trucks, I would never have a truck without a bed mat as I carry too much stuff in the bed that tends to slide all over the place without a mat. If you are bound & determined to do a spray in, put a bed mat in after it's sprayed and you should be golden for the life of the truck.
Posted By: saltbranch

Re: What's The Best Bedliner? - 07/08/16 03:48 PM

I guess I am the only one that likes the hard plastic bed liners. I have had many different brand spray ons and they all have chipped, scratched off and look like crap. I have learn to cope with stuff sliding on the plastic, then again that's not always a bad thing either. My biggest problem with the plastic is the tailgate part tears off, requiring mods to make it mount better.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum